Monday, October 17, 2005

Back home


I am so exhausted today after such a fun and crazy weekend! There's so much to tell - I don't even know where to start!
Haning out with Jeanine and Correen was just the best. One of the first things Correen told me was she was "reserved." HA!!!! Correen is just a riot! She is a tough New England gal and she just says these funny things out of nowhere. Jeanine is just sweet and caring and the queen of networking. She also can't remember where she puts her keys! :)
I really wish I would have taken more photos - but I didn't like how my photos were looking and I gave up! I'll just steal some from the gals.
We met so many people. I was just too happy to meet Helen and Jayne. Helen's one of the first people I met in digiscrapping and Jayne lives just 20 minutes from me! There was also Lisa (momy4him), Sherry Price, Angie Svoboda, Nancie Janitz, Michelle Coleman, Michelle McGraw, Brenda Kempf, Christi Austin, Tricia Kennedy, Samara (luv2crop), April Anderton, Cindy Wyckoff, Jen Wilson, Wendy Armstrong, Dawn Stocstill, Lyndsay Riches, Ashley Olsen, Christine Borgfeld, Auntie Pea, Kristi McFadden, Doris Castle, Teri Maruca, Sheila Dixon, Roseanne Miske, Marge Wirth, Barb, Susan White, Katie Pertiet and all the rest of the SBB gals and awesome digiscrappers who I can't remember right now!
The convention wasn't organized that well - but it was just the first time for the digiscrapping portion, so maybe the next one will be better. The food was kinda blah too.
I liked the classes and got some good tips from April Anderton, Jen Wilson, Michelle and Nancie, and Wendy Armstrong. Helen and Dawn showed us these cool slideshows they've been doing in a class and I think I need to do some of those. Some of the crafty stuff - especially at the SBE table - was pretty cool too. I really want to make one of those Heritage Makers books too - seeing them on display really convinced me that Taylor needs her own little book.
We also managed to make some good contacts for RAKScraps and recruit a few new sponsors and members.
Like I said, the best part of the whole thing was meeting other people who loved digiscrapping. It was kind of like we all knew each other already from the boards, stores, galleries. There were a few crops - I got 2 LOs started but that's about it since we were all too chatty. I was surprised that people knew who I was. We had people come up to us when we were wearing our RAKScraps shirts.
A big shock for me was I didnt' buy anything but a few diet cokes and postcards! I am notorious for spending too much - but I already had so much of what was on display at the vending booths! I also won a year's subscription to Digital Scrapbooking Magazine.

I have been so wiped out today. One of the things so many people talked about was organization - so I spent a few hours organizing all my kits. Photos and layouts will be next. Then I can start on some of the many ideas brewing from the convention!

Really wish so many of my scrapping pals were there!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That sounds like it was such a blast, Robin! I am SO bummed that I couldn't make it. I would love to meet you in person!

October 19, 2005  
Blogger TheCatLord said...

hi robin! i just found your blog!!!
it was great to meet you too- wasn't it so much fun?!!! maybe at the next one i won't feel like i'm allover the place and we can SIT and chat more!! lol

October 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home