Saturday, December 31, 2005

Year in Review

We’re running all these “top stories” of 2005 articles in the paper this week. Makes me think about the top stories in my life this year. In no particular order…

1 Becoming an admin at RAKScraps: I heart RAKScraps – all my friends, night owl chats, the inspiration and coming up with all my crazy ideas to keep the place fun
2 Losing my grandfather: While it wasn’t a surprise, because Grandpa had been suffering from Alzheimer’s and cancer, it still hurt. I’ll never forget as how we left the funeral home, someone had but a candy bar in his hands. I was crying and laughing at the same time. There’s nothing he would have liked better.
3 My brother’s wedding: Still can’t believe Mike’s married. Can’t believe Vesna puts up with him either. I didn’t get any cake, but at least the dresses were nice!
4 The birth of my niece Kylie. Another Cabana kid to spoil. She is just too cute and sweet!
5 Watching Taylor become a talking toddler. We got to experience a lot of firsts with Taylor this year as she learned to talk (and talk and talk) and became a regular little person.
6 Winning $200 in Atlantic City. At Vesna’s bachelorette party. Used the money to buy my camera!
7 Moving out of my old apartment/moving back home. I can’t find any of my stuff, but I know I’m better off. I can pay my bills. I still have money after Christmas. Plus, I finally had a reason to get rid of Matt’s stuff.
8 Getting my wisdom teeth pulled. I am a wuss. This was the worst pain, followed by the worst recover ever. I think I felt worse than I did after having my gall bladder out.
9 Going to the digi scrapping convention. It was so cool to meet everyone, especially Jeanine and Correen.
10 Seeing U2 with Randi. It was so cool that I happened to be off on the night Randi happened to get last minute tickets.
11 Raising money for Katrina victims. I am so proud of our Jazz kit and that we were able to do something for others.
12 Staying up all night to read Harry Potter 6. Still don’t believe the ending!
13 Staying up all night chatting with Tania, Amy, Shelly and Melinda. These gals are the best. We had so much fun.
14 Creating “Fracally the Musical” with my cousins. Short for Fralinger-Cabana-Reilly. We were in NYC on our way to see Little Women on Broadway singing in the streets.
15 Running a doggy-nephew sitting service. Spent a lot of time with him when his parents went to Florida (twice) and Costa Rica, and even now when they’re at work.
16 Selling my kits at Scrapdish. It is amazing to see what other people create with my designs. Now if sales pick up this year I’d be super happy.
17 Sponsoring a dog, Charley, at North Shore Animal League. My heart goes out to the little guy. I love the updates they send on his progress.
18 Getting published in Digital Scrapbooking Magazine. Rocky is famous!
19 Hanging out in Marie’s pool. It was so nice to just relax in the pool this summer. It helped with so much of the stress I had been feeling.
20 Catching a glimpse of Hillary Clinton leaving the building. Too weird. I’m surprised secret service didn’t stop me!
21 Page one when the Pope. Crazy news days are what we live for.
22 Christmas tree falling over. It was so devastating. So many of our Christmas memories broken.
23 Getting snowed in with co-workers. We knew we’d get to stay at the hotel because of snow and we came prepared with snacks and booze.
24 My online surprise birthday party at RAKScraps. It was so sweet how everyone made me cards and planned all the surprises!
25 Save Douglass College campaign. I can’t believe they want to get rid of Douglass. Rutgers is crazy.
26 Girls Bike Club. Cracks me up all the time. Even more now that it’s on CD. www.tomatonation.com
27 Living with leaks. Leaks in the old apartment. Leaks at the house during the nonstop month of rain.
28 Addictions: scrapping, blogs, buying kits, LOST, Simpsons DVD commentaries. I need help!
29 Seeing Ryan & Stephanie after way too long. My cousins visited from Florida and got to meet Taylor. They are so grown up now – it is scary!
30 The end of good radio stations in New York. First they got rid of CBS FM. Now KRock is changing formats.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tania said...

Sounds like you had quite a year. If I didn't have the stomach flu I might be able to muster up a list of my own, but I don't have energy for anything :(. But I did want to say that the Chat-a-Thon would definitely be on my top list too. I'm so glad we've become friends this year!!

January 01, 2006  
Blogger Audimc said...

What a cool Idea to name all your top "stories"...I may have to take your lead and make a list as well! Happy New year to you!!!

January 01, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love your list, Robin! I hope your 2006 is just as busy and successful. :)

January 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home