Monday, January 16, 2006

Depressing children's literature

As if my Harry Potter depression wasn't bad enough. (If you read book 6, you know what I'm talking about.)
I just finished The Last Battle, the last book of The Chronicles of Narnia. And as I was reading the last chapter, I started bawliing! That NEVER happens to me. But something about it all was just so amazing and touching that it really affected me.

Randi & I have also been reading A Series of Unfortunate events. These books are a riot and are super easy to read. I especially love the play on words and the hints of consipracy. I just finished book 6. There are so great, but so grim. I really want things to be ok for these kids, so I just keep reading. Randi is way ahead of me - she's on book 11.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ginger Thibodeau said...

I cried in Harry Potter - haven't ready the chronicles though - I have always been into fantasy books - wierd I haven't. But, I am a bawler by nature so maybe I shouldn't -- one of my 1st dates with my DH was to Lion King - I cried so bad the kid in front of us turned to his mother and asked - "Mommy, is that lady going to be ok?"

January 16, 2006  
Blogger Tania said...

I love The Chronicles, and have been wanting to check out The Unfortunate Series of Events. But I don't want to cry!! And thanks for the tag...

January 16, 2006  
Blogger jessica said...

We haven't really gotten into Harry Potter (not for lack of trying) or the Chronicles here, but my boys (and me, too) love the Series of Unfortunate Events - we've only gotten to book 3 though. I'm glad I'm not the only one who cries about "children's" movies and books! LOL!

January 17, 2006  
Blogger Mellie said...

I cried in Harry Potter too and just about to dig into the Chronicles

January 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home