Wednesday, January 04, 2006

King Kong



We saw King Kong last night. Pretty cool, but a little long. The effects were awesome - Peter Jackson goes all out again - but I thought there were a few wholes in the story. Maybe they're in the original too? I've never seen it (just rip offs like in the Simpsons Tree House of Horror episode). Like what happens to the natives and I really don't think anyone could climb up to the Empire State Building in winter without getting blown off, especially with a big ape and planes bouncing around. And in heels! But anyway, I thought it was entertaining enough - worth seeing on the big screen. The Skull Island scenes had me me biting my nails. The natives and bugs were so creepy. I was often surprised by the action. When I thought something was done, the story would take it a little further - like who'd expect those T-Rex's to be hanging around. Another fantastic digital performance by Andy Serkis too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love PJ, but I'm just not sure if I can like a movie about a big gorilla! But if Andy Serkis is in it (and isn't Jack Black in there too?) I might have to see it.

January 04, 2006  
Blogger Tania said...

Oh great review, I just might have to check it out. I had kinda scratched it off the list.

January 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home