Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Teaching, newsletter and stuff

First I gotta say Happy Birthday to my good friend Rachel!



Then I need to tell you to head over to Scrapdish where Rachel's having a HUGE birthday sale and where you can get the issue of THE DISH, which has lots of great stuff in it - a Q&A with MelissaG, some previews of awesome new kits, some crafty stuff and the more!

We've got some Scrapdish news too that you can also read in the newsletter. We're having another Scrapdish contest. Use the Heartfelt Heritage kit by Jeanine, Correen, Rachel and me, and post your LO in the Scrapdish contest gallery at RAKScraps by March 20 to win TWO kits by Jeanine! :)

And I am really excited about this news...


We've had so many great designers join us at Scrapdish that we feel it's time to expand our Creative Team as well! We'll be looking to ad a few more talented scrappers who'll get to use kits by our Scrapdish chefs! If you have any questions, you can contact me. I can't wait to see who applies!


Oh yeah, and the teaching stuff! I went to my sister's school yesterday to talk the kids about newspapers. The kids really impressed me with their questions. Things like - what kind of stories go on the front page, how do you write a good headline, should you put opinions in news stories. Some of the classes were really active - expect for the 2nd period - and kept me talking the whole class. I got so confused by the end of the day that it was all starting to blur, having repeated the same things 6 times. I also got to sit in on Mike's class for a bit - and all I'll say is that he and Randi have very different styles of teaching! (My brother & sis work in the same school.) I really can't wait to see all the projects.

2 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

Read this last night and didn't get around to commenting before I started to fall asleep :rolleyes:

It sounds like you had a good day teaching. It is always nice when the kids are genuinely interested in what you are telling them! You know they will remember it for more than just an hour LOL

Whoo hoo on the CT call for Scrapdish! Can't wait to see more gorgeous LOs in the galleries with all that delicious stuff in the store- if only there were more hours in the day I could spend scrapping.

March 01, 2006  
Blogger Tania said...

Ohhh, I love all your layouts! How fun you taught that class!!

March 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home