Wednesday, March 22, 2006

My nieces

I am feeling so stressed out and uncreative this week! I have had some crazy family stuff to deal with the past few days and I am exhausted. I have barely even turned on the computer.

I have been spending a lot of time with my nieces. I feel like I have such a special bond with Kylie. I didn't see Taylor this much when she was this little, but since I live with mom, I just see the girls so much more. I spent Sunday night and the whole day with Kylie on Monday. Fed her cereal, changed the icky diapers (which I NEVER do), sang and played with her. Even Mike was impressed because he hadn't even given her cereal yet (she just started last week), and he had forgotten how he used to tease me that when ever I held Taylor when she was this little, she used to cry! Kylie is really good. She is rarely fussy, just when she is hungry. And she just smiles and giggles. She loves her little activity center thingy, and she kicked and wiggled so much that she knocked herself out for a good long nap.

T on the other hand can be such a drama queen. She is so smart and funny, but she has these fits that are just crazy and annoying! She "cries" and throws herself on the floor, proclaiming "I sad." And if you ignore her, she throws herself in the middle of things so you don't forget about her. The other night, she decided to be "sad" under Kylie's crib, which had me a little nervous. She's also a little monkey and she likes to climb on things, hang between chairs and scale the drawers under her bed. Her dad was like that too as a kid and had so many black eyes and bruises he looked like an abused child! She can also be very independent. She was painting at our house and didn't want any help or anyone in the room with her! "You go out there!"

So to all my friends who do this on a full-time basis, more power to you. I love the girls, but am still glad I got to go home at the end of the night!

And here are some pages of the little chicas from last week...







Credits: Sleeping Beauty - my Seriously papers, elements from Scrapdish; Earrings - Amy Knepper's Glimpse of Spring kit from Scrapdish; My Kylie - MandaBean and Andrea Victoria's Candy Coated Kisses kit from Sweet Shop, Kim Crother's sloppy border from Creative snaps.

1 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

It sounds like Taylor and Brenna would get along famously! Glad you came through the weekend with your sanity intact ;)

March 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home