Saturday, March 04, 2006

Pride & Prejudice

I finally saw the new Pride & Prejudice on DVD. I think it was really great, although no match for the A&E version. Keira Knightly was fantastic. Matthew Macfayden is not Colin Firth, but still not hard on the eyes. :) Judy Dench of course was incredible too, as was Brenda Blethyn as Mrs Bennet. The one thing missing was more of Mr. Wickham. I don't think you got a sense of how slimy he was, but I guess they had to cram it all in two hours and something had to go! Makes me want to reread the book again!

Tomorrow's the Oscars and I can't wait. I'd be rooting for Keira if I wasn't already rooting for Reese Witherspoon for best actress.

Here's my predictions:
Best Picture: Brokeback Mountain
Best Actor: Philip Seymour Hoffman in “Capote”
Best Actress: Reese Witherspoon in "Walk the Line"
No clue for supporting roles or anything else! I'm so out of it since I cancelled my Entertainment Weekly subscription!

** Post Oscar notes: Well I was surprised Crash won! But I was soooooooooo happy for Reese! She gave such a nice and sincere speech.
I actually saw a lot more Oscar films this year than I realized.
Besides, Brokeback, Mucich, Capote, Walk the Line, Geisha, Pride & Prejudice there were a bunch more I had seen. Cinderella Man, Harry Potter, Narnia, King Kong, Corpse Bride, Batman Begins, Charley and the Chocolate Factory, Star Wars, War of the Worlds, Match Point all were nominated. And yes, I am a movie addict.

4 Comments:

Blogger Audimc said...

LOl I could have written your blog today. My absolute favorite movie of all time is Pride & Pejudice the A&E version.. I just watched the new version the other night. I totally agree about the Mr.Wickim. Mr. Darcy is yummy, but not as good as Colin Firth. I can't wait for Oscars too :)

March 04, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

I just watched the A&E version last week again, and actually got dh to watch with me (and don't tell him I told you, but he wiped away a happy little tear at the end). I'm still waiting on the new one to come from Netflix, and I can't wait!

I have no opinions on the Oscars this year! I don't think I've seen any of the movies up for awards. Shocking!

March 05, 2006  
Blogger Tania said...

Oh no one compares to Colin!! Unfortunately, I haven't seen a single nominated movie this year in any of the major categories, so I think that the Oscars are going to be mighty boring, LOL!

March 05, 2006  
Blogger Gina said...

Oh I love Pride & Prejudice from A&E. I got several Amazon.com gift certificates for my birthday and I seriously considered buying the DVD of it. That's where I first fell in love with Colin Firth - he's such a great Mr. Darcy.

The Oscars were on? Who won what? I'll have to go searching. I didn't even know it was this weekend! But, they don't talk about the Oscars much on Noggin or PBS Sprout, LOL.

March 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home