Friday, May 26, 2006

It's almost here

My vacation is just hours away!!! Woohoo! I can't wait. Now I just need to sit through holiday traffic and get through one more shift at work and it's 10 days for me!

I barely slept at all last night. I was up reading A Million Little Pieces. I got the book before the whole James Frey scandal and finally decided to pick it up after I finished Geisha. I don't know how much of it is made up - but the scary thing is that so much of it seems real to me. This could be Matt's story. And in some ways, I'm seeing what it was like in his mind and the fury and madness that goes along with being an addict. I realize more now how bad he was. And the really strange thing is that it was three years ago today that I ended it. I stopped feeling sorry for him a long time ago, but I think I get it him more now. I'm glad I did what I did, because if things went as they did in the book, he would have destroyed me too. And I'm glad he didn't. :)

So that's my deep thought of the day... I've gotten some scrapping done lately. :)
Thanks to everyone for your CC on yesterday's post. I put it up here. I decided to make part of the title orange. Let me know what you think!


Summer SUNsations by Jen, Krista and Jeanine. This kit is soooooo fun!

Meredith Fenwick's Hero Kit from her Urban Spring Colllection

Amy Knepper's Forget Me Not Kit at Scrapdish


Berry Sweet by Jeanine, Rachel, Correen and me at Scrapdish.

And here's the ABC keychain I gave to mom. :) I thought someone had taken it because we couldn't find it anywhere! It would have been much easier to put together if I hadn't used the Xyron laminator. It ate up two sets of the photos! But then I just used the sticky cartridge and it worked ok. Thanks to Sue Bond for the idea!!!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great layouts Robin, I especially like the one with Taylor and Rocky at the door and the Rocky Tough Guy? one, too cute! I've been interested in that book also. Addiction is such a scary thing, I'm glad you got out of that situation also!

May 26, 2006  
Blogger skyescrapz said...

These are awesome Robin! I love the one of tough guy Rocky. And I love love love how you used the summer kit! Awesome. AND I love how your keychain thingie turned out. That totally rocks. I am thinking I might have to do one of those for my nephews!!!!

May 27, 2006  
Blogger Dianne Rigdon said...

Oh THIS is beautiful! Love this idea!

May 29, 2006  
Blogger LoriM said...

Love, love, love the child and dog looking into the door. What a great picture! Layout's great too...

June 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home