Saturday, May 13, 2006

Lots of stuff on my mind today...

To answer Melinda's question about which of my kits will be going away, I'm not really sure yet! There's just some of it that is more than year old and some of it that has not sold at old. I'm def. going to be clearing out a lot of my Day Old Donut stuff, but not the mega kits. I am working on a pretty cool project that some of you know about so as soon as I find some time and motivation, I'll have lots of new stuff!

My birthday is about half a month away and I'm really down about this. I don't want to be 30. I can remember when dad turned 30. I was 6! I feel like my life is a mess and I'm just not ready for this!!! I'm single, living with my mom, dealing with a mountain of debt, stressed out from work, feeling sick, and horribly unorganized. This is just not where I wanted to be. That great kick I was on last month - gone! Don't know where it went, but it's not here anymore.

Too make things worse, I've got a really long 7 day work week coming up. But at least after that I'll have some vacation time. I always take off for my birthday because I really think it's a travesty to work on that day. I usually have a party or go out with friends, but this year, I kind of want to hide. Everyone keeps asking me what I want or what I want to do, and I say nothing.

I really think I just need time by myself. So if anyone has any good ideas for me, let me know. I have 10 days.

OK, enough of my depressing rant. I picked up SS Digital Scrapbooking 5 today and it was so cool to see my names in the credits. hee! (Hi Clara!) And it was cool to see some of my friends in the pages too. (Hi Shelly! Hi Peta!) And of course our Jazz fundraiser kit looked fab!

I was up late last night finishing up my ABC keychain album for mom. I had 2 malfunctions with the Xyron machine. I was using the laminating sticker roll and it just kept wrinkling my pages. First I had the pages cut out as 2 by 2 squares and it jumbled those up. Then I reprinted and tried to run the whole sheets through and it destroyed them! Finally, i just reprinted as 3 x 3 squares and ran them through with the normal sticky roll. I stuck them onto these little matt papers I got and I think it came out pretty cool. I'll take some pics later and of the finished mom's advice albums before I give them all away tomorrow.

The family is coming over, so I'm going to have to get up early and clean the house. BTW, I'm going to start a new holiday - Single Childless Women's Day. If you really want to know how I feel, watch the Sex and the City episode "A Woman's Right to Shoes." Seriously, I'm not dissing mother's day. Most of my favorite people are moms. I just think we deserve a little recognition too (ie presents). Then we're off to see Depeche Mode! Woohoo! Plus with Night Owls and all the shows, tomorrow is guaranteed to be insane. Hope you all have a great mother's day!


Oh, oh... and some Scrapdish news. Rachel has a super cool mother's day freebie! And be sure to sign up for our newsletter because there'll be something worth it just for subscribers in our upcoming issue!

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Aw, Robin, I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so bummed. I hosted a chat on my birthday, and seriously - if you need a pick-me-up that could be one way to go. I wish I could throw you a huge fun party, but you are just way too far away. I liked seeing all the people I "know" in SSD5 too!

May 13, 2006  
Blogger Audimc said...

Robin, hang in threre! I swear 30 isn't bad! I agree with Amy, lets have a chat party for you on your birthday, or the day before!! How fun would that be!!! I'd come and wear a party hat too!!!

May 14, 2006  
Blogger skyescrapz said...

I'm sorry you are feeling bummed too! You are so awesome. And I'm not just saying that either. Hey, at least you aren't nearing 40 like some other people I know (uh, me!).

And if you are having a Single Women without Children day, can I have a Married Women Without Children Day? While I celebrate my mom and grandma today, I feel this day has nothing to do with me, per se. That makes me sad and feel very left out -- especially in the scrapbooking community where there are so MANY moms, kwim? I hear ya, girlfriend. Today is a day that makes me feel kinda lost in some ways, especially since my family is not close by to celebrate with.

May 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chica, wish I could give you a big hug! And you let me know what day is single childless women's day and I'll send you some flowers!

May 14, 2006  
Blogger Gina said...

{{{Robin}}} I wasn't that way about turning 30 - or even 40. Thirty-five bit the big one, though.

Try to have a happy birthday, okay? Just think - the alternative isn't any better, you know.

The SS DigiScrap5 magazine is out? I need to go buy it!

Speaking of 5...you've been tagged: http://egglife.blogspot.com/

May 14, 2006  
Blogger Melinda said...

Well, if your only turning 30 then you're younger than me and most people I know :-P Mark is hitting the big 4-0 in just a little over a month. Seriously, when did we get to be the middle-aged people? I just don't associate myself with that 'age group' even though I do fall into that category now LOL! You are only as old as you think you are, right?

I went through Scrapdish and my HD again last night and I think I'm good with what I've got of your stuff. out with old and bring on the new!! I can't wait to see the new project :D

Oh, and I agree with Amy and Audra-have a chat so we can all with you a happy birthday 'in person.' and you just let us know when you want to have Single Women without Children day and we will throw another party.

I hope you had a fun day today!

May 15, 2006  
Blogger Tracy Blankenship said...

big ole huggggssss! Thirty wasn't too bad, even though things were not I wanted at that time either. And you are so special and motivational and loving. Many many people adore you and think your are tops. Big old group hug! Doesn't it just suck to feel so pthhhhhhh. love ya!

May 15, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Do not be discouraged--I turned 49 on May 10. I met the guy I am married to when I was 31, married him at 32 and had my first child at 33. We have been together 17 years and have 3 chilren- 16, 14, 12. I was feeling like you and was pretty much in the same situation. However, I am one who believes that God has a plan. Dale was 38 and single. Neither one of us was really looking...as a matter of fact...I was dating someone else when he asked me to marry him. There will be a time...a place...and the right person when you least expect it.
Corri

May 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there Robin! Hope you're feeling a little better today. :)

May 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home