Saturday, July 08, 2006

My day with the Staleys

Can I just say I want the Staley family to adopt me!!! :) I loved hanging out with them at the Bronx Zoo today!

Here's me and Melinda!

Now, all you RAKScrapers already know how great Melinda is... but the rest of her family is so great too! The kids are so cute and super smart. They all had lots of stories to tell me. Brenna kept trying to "get me," which was fun because I play that with T all the time. And the girls wanted to walk with me or hold my hand, which was just so sweet! Even Bryce had lots to tell me about the animals and his games. They all told me how their mom likes to take lots of photos LOL! And baby Sarah is just a little honey - and she kept looking at me like "who is this crazy person"? Hee!
Here's the whole family... Mark, Sarah, Brenna, Carissa, Bryce, Melinda and Beth. (They were also impressed that I could name them all when I met them!)
The kids posed on a lizard at the Reptile House.


It was a lazy day for the animals at the zoo - the lions, tigers, wild dogs, everything we went by pretty much all sleeping and lolling about. It was a really nice day out at least. But we did see a lot of cool and awake birds, reptiles and monkeys in the indoor sections...
This guy's a cuban amazon parrot!

And here's a camel - I guess they had to wake them up for the camel ride!


And well I really wanted to see these wild dogs - so I could compare them to Rocky, but they were LAZY. So I guess they were like the Rock Star. Took a photo of the billboard instead! :)

But the best part was hanging out with all of them. I really did feel like I knew the whole family just from Melinda's layout! :) And I hope we can do it again!

10 Comments:

Blogger jane said...

it looks like you guys had a blast robin!!! love your photos!!!! It must be so great to actually meet!
Your camel rocks, lol!!

July 08, 2006  
Blogger Melinda said...

Hee! I'll have to get that pic of all of us from you. I was slacking last night and didn't get the wild dog pics uploaded for you. Will try to do that tonight. Mark is getting everything loaded so that we can get going back to Philly for the day. He's going to be griping at me for staying on the computer really soon ;) It was so GREAT to meet you too. It was sweet seeing my kids with you and you are welcome to join our family any time! You will always have a place to stay with us in CO when you come.
Oh, and we ended up eating at a Chinese restaraunt we found down by the ferry dock.

July 08, 2006  
Blogger Michelle said...

It looks like you had so much fun! :)

July 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Robin, so glad you had fun, how neat it is to actually meet someone like that, and to have it be the Staleys, that would be awesome.

July 08, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is SO cool that you all got to meet up!! James was helping me read blogs, and he loves the camel picture. And the pic of you and Melinda, he said, "Lots of friends!" Very sweet!

July 08, 2006  
Blogger Audimc said...

Sounds like a great time was had by ALL!! How cool that you got to meet a Rak'er :) I love the pics and I agree with Amy and her son, I love the camel one!!!

July 08, 2006  
Blogger Tracy Blankenship said...

how super duper cool! I wish I was thereeeee! wahhhhh! such great photos.

July 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm jealous, Robin! You guys look like you had so much fun!!

July 09, 2006  
Blogger Raji said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. Awesome pictures.

July 09, 2006  
Blogger Deb said...

Awww - looks like so much fun! I am so loving that camel pic too LOL

July 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home