Sunday, July 16, 2006

So much to do, so much to say

Oh man, I feel like I have so much to get done and catch up on! I have had such a great weekend.

First of all, I've gotta tell you to check out the July RAK File! Our RAKScraps newsletter was released this weekend and it ROCKS! You'll find lots of cool layouts and some freebies!

And in other RAKScraps news, the July Mega Kit has now been released! You can find out about it here. This one will be GREAT for all your summer pages!
And here's the Add On that the admins created this month. I'm really happy with this one! I actually drew some stuff for this kit and I really like the stitched flower I created too. You can get it at Scrapdish!

So now more about my weekend. Randi and I drove up to the Palisades Center to see Superman in IMax 3D. (For those of you not around here, Palisades Center is the one of the biggest malls in the U.S. It amazes me how the parking lot is overflowing but it never feels crowed in there. It is just so massive). The 3D was a little cheesy, but the movie was awesome! I think Brandon Routh was a pretty hot superman and Kevin Spacey was incredibly evil as Lex. (Which reminds me I have a new list about superheroes at 10 things.) There were parts where I wanted to scream, other parts where I wanted to cry. And lots of laughs and great action too. Ranks up there as one of my favorite superhero movies!

Yesterday I got to hang out with Melissa G at a crop! It was so much fun and I got to see what paper scrapper do when they get together. I can't believe how much stuff they bring! The whole room looked like a craft store. It was so cool. I'm always fascinated by all this stuff at the craft store and I got to see some of it put to use. And they were also curious to see what I was doing over on my laptop. I only got three pages done though! The laptop was acting up on me. Then I couldn't decide on fonts. And of course there was lots of chit chatting. I got to meet Melissa's adorable daughter Gracie, and Krista and her hubbie also stopped by to say hi. And I got to meet another digiscrapper, Chrissy (thescrapgirl), who I found out is practically my neighbor and teaches classes at the local AC Moore. I also won some cute 8x8 albums in the raffle too. Only bad thing was I had to leave early for work. But here are the pages I got done...
My niece loves to come over and play with her castle. (I hate that thing! LOL!) And she's obsessed with princesses. And the things she has those princesses doing - well seems she's been watching too much of All My Children (which her mom and aunts love). The list of princesses is how she says them, which I think it so cute. (Jen Wilson's Princess Dress Up kit)
Here's Kylie and my aunt. Kylie really seems to like her. She babbles and squels a lot around her and it sounds like she's telling stories. (Jen Wilson's Urban Bohemia Kit)

And here are some photos from my Party Lite shindig. (Carrie Stephens' Global kit)

I went to another Party Lite party today at my mom's friend Marie's House. And the best part about that was the pool! So I'm a little more sunburned today, but we had a really great time hanging out on the deck. I'm usually over at Marie's when Randi's house-sitting. So this was the first time I hung out there while Marie was actually home! And I spent even more on candle stuff, including getting a Christmas gift out of the way.

I got home in time to stop by Kim Christensen's CD launch chat. You've gotta check out her new RAD collection! It is super cool. I can't wait to get it!

Well I'm going to try to get some work done now! Thanks for reading all of this. Hope you all had a great weekend too!

4 Comments:

Blogger Audimc said...

Great LOs!! My mom's name is Eileen also (don't see that very often!) Glad you had fun and yeah it's crazy how much stuff you need for paper scrapping... that's part of the reason I switched to digital!

July 17, 2006  
Blogger jane said...

ive never been to a crop robin! soundslike it was alot of fun!! and there you are meeting more people, lol!! love the layouts you ripped out!! the raks add on looks great!!

July 17, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm lovin' the Scrapdish add-on this month...very cool. Can't wait to use it.

I love going to paper scraps. I get to live vicariously through the other gals, but THEY take all the junk home with them...not me! LOL

Cute layouts! :-)

July 17, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am combining all my comments into one today. :) I am so jealous you got to meet GinaEgg - I think you are some sort of celebrity tourist attraction. Congrats again on the SBB gig. I laughed out loud (really) at Taylor's Princess names - Snow Wipe just gets me for some reason! The paper crop sounds like tons of fun. And your layouts are awesome, as always. :)

July 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home