Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Blogger must have heard me muttering and cursing under my breath because I finally got some photos to post! Ugh, I don't want to convert! I like this. It's easy. It's free. But it's really getting on my nerves!!!! Ok, rant over.

Here's what I really have been dying to talk about! We threw a shower at work today for my friend Betsy (who's also a digiscrapper) and she was really surprised! We were so excited. She's the first woman in our department to have a baby in 20 years . Isn't that nuts. Working nights isn't really ideal for moms I guess. So I made Betsy these frames and I was really happy with how they came out. She doesn't know what she's having so I went with green and yellow!

It was so much fun to make these! I got the idea from Krista Mettler, who did a cool altered frame awhile ago and I wanted to try something. So I painted canvas frames with acrylic paint. Then I had to rip the backs off the little buttons with pliers (didn't realize they were brads!) and then glued those, the words and little charms on with crazy glue, which I also got all over me. It was so much fun to paint and to shop for this stuff! I can't imaging paper scrapping - but I do like being crafty! And the best part is that she liked them and, her dh, who we had invited, gave an "awwwwww." That really made it all worth it! :)

And check out our "cake" - made by my friend Toni. It was really so much fun. Even the guys had a great time since we got to take a break from work for about an hour and hang out in the conference room.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the frames!! being crafty is definitely fun ;-) The cake made me laugh out loud especially since I literally had a dream last night about dunkin donuts, LOL.

August 23, 2006  
Blogger Gina said...

Mega cute frames, Robin!!! Very cute! And ooooh, donut cake! Be glad I wasn't there - I looooooove donuts. I would sell my body for donuts (wouldn't be able to get very many because no one would be willing to pay, LOL).

Oh, and I tagged you. :)

August 23, 2006  
Blogger slkone said...

Ahhhh, so that was the mysterious Krazy Glue project! They came out looking awesome. Nice job!

August 23, 2006  
Blogger Mary said...

very cute quote, she'll be hating you when she's in labor!jejeje
Love the cake and the Frames awesome.

~Mary~

August 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those frames are absolutely adorable! I need to become crafty so bad :) And, wow, that donute cake...yum!

August 23, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Those frames are SO cute, Robin! You are so fun and creative. :)

August 24, 2006  
Blogger Raji said...

Those frames are just awesome, love them. You are so creative, I don't think I can ever do it.

August 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those frames are so cute!!!! Isn't it fun to get your hands dirty sometimes? LOL Oh and the cake...that's my kind of cake! ROFL

August 24, 2006  
Blogger skyescrapz said...

Those frames turned out great! I'll bet she loved them. I also want me some of those DONUTS! YUMMMMMMMMMMMY!

August 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home