Thursday, August 10, 2006

So excited and so tired



Well I'm really excited about my new team. You'll have to wait until Friday to find out who they are. Can I just say that picking a team is one of the hardest things I've done in ages! Seriously, I got about 37 applications. I am floored by that and they are all AMAZING scrappers! I wish I could pick them all - and I really feel like a mean and horrible person for not taking in everyone because that's the kind of person I am. I will be beating myself up about this for awhile. But the gals I did pick are really awesome too and I am so glad to be able to work with them. I think they are a good mix of people, styles, etc. :)


So aside from this being draining, I was up super early today because we took Taylor to the Bronx Zoo. I didn't realize it was free admission day, which is good because it was free, but bad because the place was clausterphobic! There was no room to move and there were lots of school groups. And boys who are playing around on their field trips don't seem to notice or care that they are blocking the view or crushing a three year old girl! Seriously! I wanted to yell at some of these kits. Taylor was looking at the wild dogs and standing about a foot away from me, and somehow a pack of boys squeezed in there and she was up against the glass, and I am just so glad she was really good and didn't have fits or anything. We bought her a little stuffed toy dog, a lion puzzle and a little giraffe for Kylie, because their aunts like to spoil them. I didn't get to see as much as I did on my trip last month with the Staleys. And my photos are awful!!!
But we did see the gorillas and they were super active and we went on the monorail, which I haven't been on since I was a kid.

OK I was going to upload some photos but now photoshop is giving me trouble and not starting! UGH! First blogger and now this! I am tired so I'm off to bed!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That picture of Taylor, she's getting sooo big!! Can't wait to see who's going to be on this team!!

August 10, 2006  
Blogger Melinda said...

I just bet the zoo was overstuffed that day! The zoo and museums up in Denver definately get over-crowded on free days too. At least you have copies of my pics now too- you did get them OK, right?
I wish my pics of the bug carousel came out better (I don't think I sent those to you as they weren't very good). All of the humidity over there was playing havoc with my lense, I think.

August 10, 2006  
Blogger Audimc said...

Glad you had fun at the zoo.. even if it was way crowded!

August 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home