Saturday, September 09, 2006

Remembering 9/11

I usually try not to talk about work much here, but I do want to share this. We've been doing a lot of coverage for the 5th anniversary of 9/11. It is very hard for me to look at this, but I think they've done a great job with our web site. You can see it here. There are stories, graphics, photos, slideshows. The story for Sunday's paper really has me teary. It's about the family of Janet Alonso, who died on 9/11. She had two young children, one of whom has Down's syndrome, and now her husband is raising them trying to make her proud. All of this kind of reminds me about why I scrap and take so many photos - because I cherish my family so much. Be sure to give yours lots of hugs this weekend.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a tribute, it looks great, I found myself reading several articles. I'm just often speachless when it comes to 9/11. It's so hard to talk about.

September 09, 2006  
Blogger Michelle said...

This is where you work, Robin? A newspaper? More things in common...
I have read the story of that family somewhere. And remembered it since it struck close to home to me. Could you link me to the story if possible???

September 09, 2006  
Blogger Joy said...

I agree - beautiful tribute - and how amazing is Robert Alonso - he has shown such strength of character in a terrible situation. As have many of the stories which have touched people's hearts. Although I am over in the UK, and knew nobody directly involved in the events of 9/11, they still had a big impact on me. I will be thinking of all those who lost loved ones/were injured due to such an awful crime.

September 10, 2006  
Blogger jane said...

you are so wonderful robin! a wonderful tribute! such a sad and heroic story! It is good to use these stories to help us remember and be grateful for our loved ones and not take them for granted!

September 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this was a great tribute Robin....

September 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home