Friday, October 27, 2006

No TV and no beer make Homer something, something

Well I still don't have my computer up and running yet. I think I'm going to have to suck it up and bring it in. I've been playing around with different things to try to fix it and nothing's working.
I've been home for two days sick. My mom stayed home from work today too - she's still up coughing. I hope I'm better tomorrow because staying home without a working computer is making me a bit nuts!
But at least when I'm sick is I don't like sitting here in the office much, but I do wish I could have gotten some scrapping done!
So I've been watching some TV and movies. Lost was great this week - even if the story has gotten spread so thin because there's too many plots going on. But I do like Sawyer episodes. For a guy who's pretty rugged, he does spout a lot of pop culture references - Chinatown, Costanza, Father Knows Best and Mergatroid. I was flipping through channels and caught a bit of the Linda McCartney Story (which I remember taping a few years ago - the only bit I liked was this conversation - Linda: Mick Jagger says he's never have his old lady on the stage. Paul: Well screw Mick Jagger. Linda: I already did!) Well, Linda was played by one of the others!!!
And, I am pretty bummed that Grey's was a repeat - two repeats. But I guess that's because of the World Series. But I did watch Ugly Betty, which is such a funny show. And if you're like me and don't usually watch because it's up against the Office, you can catch it on ABC.com. I also watched Jericho last night and it was pretty good. I think I'll switch my vcr to tape that on Wednesdays instead of 30 Rock, which has turned out pretty lame.
And then I watched, for the millionth time, Walk the Line. Everytime I see it's on HBO I have to watch. It's become one of my favorite movies ever. I just love Joaqin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon and their chemistry, and all of Reese's funny lines, like "It's not even a quarter to the right time." And I just get all mushy every time he proposes to her on stage and says "I've asked you 40 different ways and it's about time you come up with a fresh answer." Can you tell I've watched this movie too much?
Well, I'm going to check in at RAKScraps and then try to get some sleep. I had the worst insomnia last night so I tried not to nap all day. Hope it works!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Walk the Line too, it's so great! I sure hope you figure out what is going on with that computer!!

October 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home