Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Homer's neighbor

So I don't really remember Gerald Ford as president, considering he was just in office a few more months after I was born. But I did love him on The Simpsons! I've read different things about whether he did the voice or if it was Dan Castellaneta. In the season 7 episode, Two Bad Neighbors, which happens to be one of my all time faves, Ford moves in next door after the Bushes move out...

From the Simpsons Archive...
Gerry: Hi!  Pleased to meet you, I just moved in.
My name is Gerry Ford.
Homer: [gasps] Former President Gerald Ford?
Put her there! I'm Homer Simpson!
Gerry: Say, Homer, do you like football?
Homer: Do I ever!
Gerry: Do you like nachos?
Homer: Yes, Mr. Ford.
Gerry: Well, why don't you come over and watch
the game, and we'll have nachos? And then, some beer.
Homer: Ooh!
[they walk across the street]
Gerry, I think you and I are going to get
along just --
[they both trip]
Both: D'oh!


Here's a clip from Google video. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Meredith said...

lol! President Ford was well before my time, too. I've never been a Simpson's person, either, but I love to watch just short clips! this one was pretty good!

December 27, 2006  
Blogger Gina said...

ROFL, Robin. Heck, I remember when Nixon resigned and Ford stepped in as President. I was a little kid, but I remember! It was a big to-do because Ford was appointed VP when Agnew resigned and then became President when Nixon resigned. He was never elected by the people.

Gravy, I'm old!

December 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home