Monday, January 22, 2007

This weekend has been censored

I have had the craziest weekend! I've had three days off and it has been nuts!
Saturday I went to see Spamalot with Randi, Joanie and my cousins Erin and Melissa. We were running late and drove into the city. We had to run up the street to the theater because we were afraid of getting locked out. But we only missed about the first two songs. The show was hilarious! I wish I had seen the original cast though - with Tim Curry, David Hyde Pierce, Hank Azaria and Sara Ramirez (as in Callie Torres from Grey's Anatomy). I'm not a Monty Python fan - I don't think I've even seen a movie, but I did know a few of the references from the movie the play was based on. The songs were so funny and very catch. We were singing "Always Look on The Bright Side" and "The Song that Goes Like This" all night. Well after that, we went to Lucky Cheng's - which is known as the draq queen capital of New York. The food wasn't all that, but the drinks were awesome and the servers looked better than any of us!

And well that's just about all I can show you from there since what happens at Lucky Cheng's stays at Lucky Cheng's. :)

I ended up having to drive us back from the city, and we had to pick up Randi's boyfriend, drop off Joanie's car, get in Erin's car, then pick up Rocky at my house and then switch to Randi's car. We headed over to her house where we introduced my cousins to Da Ali G show and laughed like crazy. Erin and Melissa came over to crash at my house and we stayed up pretty late chatting.

When I finally came upstairs, mom was still up. She had been having a sleepover/manicure party with my nieces. She has a bad knee and it seems it was acting up again. So there's been lots of drama related to that all weekend. I had to get up early Sunday to help with the girls. We hung out with them in the kitchen while the older gals were sleeping. Thank goodness the little tv in there has a dvd player! They watched Cinderella 2 for the millionth time (Or as Taylor calls it the 2 cats movie, since there are two cats on the cover.) And we let them color. That went well until Kylie scribbled some purple on one of Taylor's pages. Taylor tried to erase it with a white crayon. It was such a riot.
I spent most of the rest of the day designing some stuff before I went back to Randi's to watch Rome. That show is just so sick, but so cool!

Today, we went to see Volver in this old movie-house type theater. Randi, Liza and I were the only people there and the room was freezing! The movie was just great and Penolope Cruz is fantastic. I love Pedro Almodovar's movies - they are always so touching, funny and quirky, and he always has great women characters.

I also did a bunch of scrapping - not nearly as much as I would have liked, but not too shabby. I have a page with one of Jess's new kits that I can't show off yet. Her new kit is just too cool! :)

I swapped photos with Melinda for the RAKScraps Amazing Digiscrapping Race Challenge. Here she is with her grandparents looking so cute! And I got to play with the Scrapdish Designers Feb. 2007 Collab kit.
And here's the page Melinda did for me! I just love it! :) You can see the credits here.
Can you tell I love this photo of Kylie. Before I had sent it to Melinda, I used it to create a quick page for the SD Feb kit. You can get the QP collection here.
Everything is by me, except for the alpha stamps by Meredith Fenwick.
Kylie's photo also made it onto this page which I did for my RAK in the New Year challenge at RAKScraps. I've been working on this for a few weeks now and finally got it done. I love using templates, but sometimes it takes me forever to find the right kit. But I finally decided on Correen's Girls Night Out kit from Computer Scrapbook. I am just loving it! (Template and flowers are by Gina Miller.)
This is another one that I'd been working on forever. I started it on the laptop but that kept freezing up on me and it went corrupt. So I redid it using PSCS3 because I'm trying to get used to that program, but it was evil too. So then I finally gave up and went back to good old PSCS2. I just love Dani's Candy Cane doodles at SBB. More credits here.
And here's one I did for a challenge for Jess's team. It's a scraplift of one of Jess's pages.
This was inspired by a conversation with Taylor this weekend that went something like this:
Me: I'm Taylor
Taylor: No, I'm Taylor
Mom: Taylor has red hair. Taylor who has brown hair.
Taylor: Nonnie has brown hair and polka dots.
(Nonnie is Taylorspeak for Aunt Robin)
So of course I had to scrap that because she says the funniest things. Credits here.

I am totally beat now so I'm going to catch up with the TiVo! Heroes was back tonight. :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun!! And I really don't want to know what happened at that restaraunt, LOL!! Lovin' all your layouts chica, and the one about your polkadots is too cute!!

January 23, 2007  
Blogger Tracy Blankenship said...

man alive woman! I wanna know what happened too, teeheeI am so glad you had so much fun....I wanna do thattt! You deserve it...and you are cranking out some seriously cool layouts baby..and hope mom's knee is feeling better ;)

January 25, 2007  
Blogger Audimc said...

Sounds like a fun crazy weekend!! Love the pages and the "polka dots" Can't wait to see what you created!!

January 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home