Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Day with Kylie: The Sequel

Tueday seems to have become my day for having lots to do and little sleep! I had to watch poor Kylie again this week.
The crazy day started off bad when I left work around 1:15 am - I had a heads up from Mike this time that they needed me to babysit, but I got stuck at work late. Then I fell on my ass, slipping on the ice on the way to my car. (BTW, it only started hurting today - what's up with that! Ouch!) When I got home, I saw there had been a power outage at some point because my clock was blinking. After the usual trouble sleeping, the alarm woke me up at 7, except it wasn't 7. It was 5. I had set the clock two hours ahead and I couldn't fall back asleep.

Kylie arrived around 8ish. She was upset when her dad left and there herself on the floor. My mom ran out to get me some coffee from Dunkin Donuts around the block, and when she left, Kylie started playing with me. But then, when she returned, Kylie threw herself back on the floor! She got all dramatic for grandma! (That's so very Taylor, not like her at all. Wonder if she's been taking lessons!)

But I am lucky that even sick, she's a great kid. Kylie took a nap and the spent most of the day climbling up and down on the couch. She ate all her lunch just fine and was in a happy mood. I can't say the same about my mood! I can only take so much of these kiddy cartoons! I have had the Wonder Pets song in my head all day. (The phone, the phone is ringing .....)

Kylie fell asleep again around 2:30. Mike had to tutor after school and wouldn't be able to pick her up, so I needed to start getting things ready for work. I went into the kitchen to get my dinner ready, and Kylie started bawling!!! I felt so bad. She didn't want anything to do with me. She just sat on the floor near the couch and sucked on her thumb. She felt a little warm so I'm guessing she didn't feel well. But it figures that she was good all day and then got cranky right before Mike showed up!

And well, after that I had to get myself to work and my boss was nice enough to let me leave early. I will say again - I don't know how any parents do this on a regular basis!!!! Two days in 1 month is enough for me!

1 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

Well, there is something about giving birth to the little tyrants that make it a bit easier to deal with. It sounds like she was really good for you though!

It is funny how they have an internal clock that tells them exactly when their parents usually come- we see it all of the time in the church nursery. The kids KNOW when it is the usual time for the end of the service and if it runs over then things can get very loud and fussy LOL.

March 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home