Monday, February 05, 2007

Insomnia

I haven't been able to sleep for two nights, and I'm not really feeling tired yet either. Maybe it's because I had a stressful week at work or all the coffee I've been drinking so I can get by on just a few hours of rest. I really wish the laptop was working better so I could scrap and watch tv.

I also haven't blogged all week! What's up with that. I have been busy working on a few pages I can't even show off yet. I started a new kit or two this weekend, and reorganized all of my designs. I started out just getting the kits I had at SBB ready for Scrapdish, but found so much junk in my designs folder that I decided to start clearing that out. I found a few things that I think might become freebies. And I found lots ancient stuff - like my designs for the Chain Gang! I still had all the PSD files for just about everything I've ever made, and now there's a lot less of that.

This week, a bunch of my pals have been chatting about trying to cut back on spending! We share all of our layouts and do some serious enabling. AmyK told us about Kaboodle, which is just way better than a store wish list. You can make your own list and pretend to shop! You can see my list here. (Remember, my birthday is June 1 LOL!) That didn't stop me from shopping this weekend. I hit the sales at Sweet Shoppe, The Digi Shoppe and probably some other places I can't even remember. But it probably would have done more damage if I didn't start my list!

I went to the mall yesterday and didn't spend anything, except at Starbucks. I was so annoyed that I couldn't find any shoes in my size. I want a pair of black shoes that closes because my feet are getting too cold in my mary janes or clogs. I always have a terrible time shoe shopping since I have wide feet with a high instep. I also don't like heels because I'm too clumsy. The only place I ever find anything that fits is Payless and those fall apart.

I've spent the rest of the weekend bumming around. Caught up on my CK and a few Entertainment Weeklies. Chatted on Hello. Organized more files. Backed up all my January stuff on DVD. Didn't even think about turning on the superbowl. Not the most exciting weekend, but I just liked being alone most of today. There are usually people in and out of this house like there's a revolving door, but it was nice and quiet.

I also caught up on Disc Talk Radio. Did you hear that you can listen to all the shows FREE now! It's really so much fun and you should check it out. But they really need to stop picking on New Yorkers!!!! LOL! Wendy Armstrong did an interview with Gina Miller last month and was talking about her "accent." Gina is the one who sounds normal to me! And in this month's interview Wendy and Kim Hendricks talked about my friend Jayne's accent. For me, it's more of a novelty to listen to the Midwesterns talk to each other. :)

Well, I'm going to go watch Rome on demand now. But before I go, I gotta show off these pages I did this week using the Studio Girls' Happy Birthday kit! This kit was sooooooo much fun to play with!
(Everything from Happy Birthday, except for the 1st tag by Jen Reed, from thefabulous Birthdayz kit at DigiScrapz.)

5 Comments:

Blogger DebF said...

sorry to hear about the insomnia - that's not fun! and shoe shopping sucks (I have huge flat feet). I had to laugh at your list - I have already bought quite a few of those things, or have them on my own lists (I email links to myself - I think Kaboodle looks much better!) lovin both your birthday layouts!

February 05, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

You know I love those layouts, Robin! Hope you get some good sleep soon, insomnia is no fun. I'm glad we are all shopping buddies, although my self-control is really taking a beating this week. ;)

February 05, 2007  
Blogger Audimc said...

Awesome LOs!!! I just love Kaboodle.. so fun without the guilt!! Of course I still seem to find a way to spend money!!! How do you like my new name... McAlex :)

February 06, 2007  
Blogger Tracy Blankenship said...

as a fellow non-sleeper..I wish I wasn't tired the next day. lol

I loveee our kaboodle gang,lol.

great layouts and good for you for cleaning up your folders...feels good huh?

February 08, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you're sleeping better now! Wonderful layouts!

February 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home