Saturday, March 03, 2007

So sad!

I got the saddest news today. I found out a good friend of another friend died last night. This man - who was one of my former teachers - had held off on retirement for a long time because his brother died right after he retired. Then at his retirement party last night, his son, who was not even 30, died. I don't even know what happened but it's just so awful and sad. This was a really nice kid, too. I had hung out with him several times because he was a friend of a friend. And I haven't really talked to this other friend for a long time because of other things - this must sound so confusing - so I'm not sure if I should call or what.

I slept so late today - I was knocked out until 2 pm after everything yesterday. Betty, Fernando and Lucia stopped by for a visit. They just left so now this is kind of hitting me. I didn't even really know him, but I just feel terrible.

Mike invited us over for some Chinese food tonight. He's really good with a wok. I was going to pass since I've been with the girls all week, but now I do want to be around my family. I was going to spend some time getting some work done, but I think it can wait.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joy said...

oh hugs... I am so sorry.. take care..

Joy

March 03, 2007  
Blogger Michelle said...

I'm so sorry, Robin! Big hugs to you!
Glad you got some rest! :)

March 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home