Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Day off

I am off from work today. I have to drink this yucky shake at 10 pm for my CAT scan tomorrow. I'm kind of nervous. I hope I do ok. I have a hard time staying still, especially for doctors.

I have been out running errands this afternoon. I took my car for an oil change and car wash, and I was hoping they could check the AC, which hasn't been working. But they don't do that there and I'm going to have to find someplace to check it out soon. My drive to work is just boiling lately!

I stopped at Barnes & Nobles to buy a gift, but ended up buying more books. And I finished reading The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri while I had my lunch. It's a great book, especially if you're interested in Indian culture and how immigrants adapt to the U.S., which always interests me since I'm froma family of immigrants. I've also read her book of short stories, Interpreter of Maldies.

Then I crossed the parking lot to Staples where I found a laptop bag! I got the brown one. It's got pink stitching and lining and has room for my laptop and lots of other stuff!
The gift, by the way, was for my grandma. It was her 76th birthday yesterday and we're going out with her later. Here's a picture of her from Memorial Day...


I want to try to get some scrapping done before then. I just got a manicure and I'm trying not to mess it up! Good thing I don't paper scrap. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger clc said...

Sorry you're going to have a CT scan but hope it's helpful and you feel great soon! Love the laptop bag!

June 27, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barnes & Noble (said in my best Homer Simpson voice) *drool* I'm glad you got out and had fun today! I'll be praying that it goes well for you tomorrow! (((hugs)))

June 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home