Monday, July 30, 2007

I have been MIA from the computer for the last few days. I hope you haven't missed me too much LOL! I would rather be laying in bed right now, too, but I do have some work that needs to get done.
Saturday, I went to a balloon festival with Betty, Fernando and Lucia. The booths were pretty weird - a mix of kitschy crafts stuff, free samples of candy and energy drinks (diet coke with extra vitamins!), and all the usual artery-hardening deep fried fair food. After making a few rounds at the booths, we camped out on the field and waited for the balloons. And it was pretty cool to see, even with all the corporate sponsorship. Guess someone has to pay for them. They all pretty much had ads. I did like this goldfish one though ...
I took so many photos ... I wasn't sure if any would come out since the sun was setting and there was all this back light.

The real adventure started when we left. Took almost an hour to get out of the parking lot. It was so unorganized and people are just nasty! We were also low on gas so we were nervous. We were in the middle of nowhere, not like up here where there are gas stations everywhere. But luckily, Fernando had GPS on his phone and we made it to the gas station. The attendant probably thought we were nuts since we were cheering when we got there.

After I got home, I went back out with some friends and got home pretty late. Sunday was cloudy and rainy, so it was a good excuse to stay in, catch up on Netflix (watched theAnniversary Party and Babel) and magazines. Gotta love a lazy day. Wish I could be lazy today too, but have to catch up on stuff and get to work too.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you had a good time, Robin! It's been ages since I've been to a balloon festival. There's one not far from here every year, but the crowds are always insane and you can't even park close - you have to take these special buses. Glad you guys made it to the gas station safe and sound! LOL

July 31, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home