Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Still can't sleep!

I'm not having much luck at it tonight either! And I really have sooooooooooooooooooo much to do tomorrow. I need to go for my weigh in, pick up a few things, pack, maybe get my nails done. I took my suitcase out of the closet and it's filled with scrap magazines, my laptop and case, external drive, ipod, various chargers, power strip and my camera (oh man, that reminds me the battery for it is still up here!). No clothes or toiletries. Just the stuff I really need!

I am so excited that I am going to meet Audra and Mish! I'll be staying with them in Chicago. I should be seeing Jeanine and Jen, too. And I've been hearing from lots of people who are going to be there! I do wish so many of my other friends were coming - you all know who you are!

I also want to thank everyone who entered in my baby shower game!!! I've sent you all links to Funky Chiquita and I picked a random winner for a prize from Jess. Congrats to Kelly Friesenhahn!

The word "chiquita" means little and that reminds me of these photos. (It's actually a slide that I scanned in ages ago. The images are too small to scrap :( )

That's my Abuela (grandma) on the left, Randi in the middle and Great-Grandma on the right. The two of them seem to be having a conversation, which they often did, even though they couldn't understand each other because Abuela didn't speak English! They also had names for each other. Abuela's spanglish name for Great-Grandma was "Grandma Chiquita" and Great Grandma called Abuela "Luella." It was always pretty funny.
I thought this photo was kind of funny too. Randi being sassy and copying her. See where my nieces get it from!

Looking at these photos, I also found these.

That's my Mom and my Aunt Lorainne and it just strikes me how much I look like Mom (especially with my hair short) and Randi looks like Lorainne. And Mike's girls even look like him when he was little. I think he was turning 4 (5 candles with 1 for good luck) so this would have been1981. That's a Smurf on his cake and the plates are Superfriends.
Mike's always been such a goofball! I have no idea where I was at this party! I'm not in the picture and I was too little to be taking them! LOL! I didn't develop my repulsion to cameras until I was about 10 or 11, when I would have fits or cry if someone wanted to take my picture. So instead, I'll leave you tonight with some photos of me when I was a cutie pie that were also in this stash.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bretta said...

You were and ARE a cutie pie! Love those old slides.

Thanks for the baby shower goodie...it's lovely!

Have a WONDERFUL weekend in Chicago!!

July 18, 2007  
Blogger Michelle said...

GREAT photos, Robin!
I wish I had more time that I could have joined in on the shower more... bummer.
Have a fabulous time at CHA!!!!!!!!

July 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home