Friday, January 04, 2008

$0.00

That's what the next round of credit card statements I get should read! I am done! I have been in a debt consolidation program for the last four years, and I just made my last payment today. I am so happy I want to cry!

I let my credit card debt snowball, starting in college. I would pay my bills with my credit cards. While I lived in Connecticut, I shopped all the time because I was so bored and lonely up there. And then a few years ago, my ex-boyfriend decided to max a few cards out before he fell off the face of the earth. Then I would start the whole balance transfer game or just skip payments because I couldn't afford it anymore.

It's been really hard living like this. I have to pay for mostly everything in cash. I haven't had a real vacation in years. I went from being a shopaholic to someone who hates malls because I hate seeing all the stuff I can't afford. I was barely making it paycheck to paycheck until I moved in with my mom a few years ago. But now I can pay off a few bills from the holidays (I still have my Macy's card!) and I can start saving up so I can afford a new car and a place of my own. I've been waiting for this day for so long! It feels like I lost 200 pounds!

13 Comments:

Blogger clg0513 said...

Robin-
this is so wonderful to hear. You should be VERY proud of yourself. You did it...and although you dont' know me...i am proud of you. Way to go

January 04, 2008  
Blogger IkeaGoddess said...

Congratulations Robin, I hope you really celebrate this moment and yourself. What an accomplishment, you rock girl!

January 04, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats Robin! You should be so proud of yourself for this accomplishment! I hope you'll be able to do all the things you want to do now. You MUST scrap a page showing this!

January 04, 2008  
Blogger Melinda said...

what a fabulous accomplishment, Robin! My aunt and uncle went through backruptcy many years ago- so glad you were able to avoid that!!

January 04, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! that is SO AWESOME!!! CONGRATS!

karen (Hom74)

January 04, 2008  
Blogger clc said...

Congrats, Robin! Hope you enjoy your freedom from debt!

January 04, 2008  
Blogger Michelle said...

WOOT! WOOT! WOOT!!!!
You Go GIRL!!!!!
I'm so proud of you! :)

January 04, 2008  
Blogger Jen Caputo said...

Robin that is so awesome!!! Huge Congratulations! I can't imagine the relief you feel!

January 05, 2008  
Blogger Tracy Blankenship said...

OMG! I am so excited for you girlie! wowohoooo! that is so awesome! I know how it feels to be under debt and it totally sucks! yay for you! what a way to start out the year!

January 05, 2008  
Blogger shelly c said...

Congrats Robin! It's been hard for you... But from now on you can put this behind you and what's a better way to start the new year and work towards your goal! You must be so proud of yourself, way to go, girl!!!

January 07, 2008  
Blogger Audimc said...

Way to go Robin!!! I totally know how that goes, College got me into trouble as well :)

January 07, 2008  
Blogger skyescrapz said...

That is huge! Good for you to accomplish this. Pat yourself on the back for me! :)

January 07, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

YAAAAAY, Robin! That is an amazing accomplishment! Congratulations!

January 09, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home