Sunday, January 20, 2008

Getting stuff done

I thought this weekend was going to be another bust after yesterday. I slept late and then my nieces came over - Taylor was going to stay over night - so I didn't do a thing all day. I was supposed to go out with some friends but I was so tired that I stayed in.

But I am happy that I did manage to get a few things done since yesterday! Small steps. Focusing. That's what I have to keep telling myself!

- Digital Craft Studio: Finally got it out so the girls could play with it. Taylor was better at figuring it out than I was!

- Magazines: I did some reading. I'm down to just 4 magazines in my pile. Not bad! They are all current issues. LOL!
* Edited: Now I'm down to 2 magazines - the most recent CK and SS.

- Netflix: I just popped in 3:10 to Yuma. Last night I watched Waitress and Once - both really great stories! Once has such great songs - it's a musical, but not he standard kind. When people break out into song it actually makes sense. LOL! And it's heartbreaking too, but very sweet.
So I will have watched all 3 of my movies in a weekend and won't have them sitting around for ages like I usually do.

- Bills: I remembered to pay the bills today!

- Scrapping: I did three pages today!!! But I can't show them off yet because they are all CT pages.

- Video games: I beat Guitar Hero game on easy level!!! I finally beat Tom Morello, as well as the final boss. I still never beat Raining Blood. Need more practice. I also started the Simpsons Game.

So it feels good to have done something in a weekend where it feels like I'm just sitting around in sweats. I made some hot chocolate - it is COLD today - and I'm going to watch this movie before the Giants are on.
**3:10 to Yuma was really good. Russel Crowe and Christian Bale make a great team.
***I'm to afraid to turn on the Giants game but they are winning 20-17! Watching Northanger Abbey on Masterpiece Theater instead.

Oh, and we've got night owls tonight - 12:30 am EST early Monday - at RAKScraps! Come by and say hi if you're going to be up!

5 Comments:

Blogger Sarah96 said...

Sounds like a very productive weekend to me! WTG. Scrap some pages for me too. hee hee

January 20, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good for you, Robin! We have 3:10 to Yuma sitting here from Netflix, I think you've inspired me to actually watch it tonight. LOL! I have a stack of magazines to get through too - 14 to be exact! Hope the rest of your weekend goes well too. :)

January 20, 2008  
Blogger Melinda said...

I wish I could say I got a bunch of things done this weekend- hasn't happened though. My stack of magazines keeps growing lately, and by the time I get back to it I can't remember if I've read them or not LOL

January 20, 2008  
Blogger clc said...

You have gotten more done this weekend than I have. Hope to see you at night owls later!

January 20, 2008  
Blogger jane said...

sounds like a great wkend robin! I may give myself one of those next week, lol! Thanks for the tip on the movie...i saw waitress and liked it but will definitely check out the other! :)

January 21, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home