Monday, March 24, 2008

I am so grumpy!

Soon after my last post here Sunday morning, my computer froze up and started running checkdisk. There was a blue screen running for about a half hour that seemed to be going through every file on my computer (think of all the alphas!).
Here's what it looked like. When it finally came back up, I quickly backed up a few things, but I didn't have much time since we had to get going.
I wanted to upload my photos and scrap last night but I found a few problems: Norton antivirus kept shutting down, ACDSee would launch, and Photoshop lost of all of my actions. I don't know if any of these were related to the earlier problem.
The most pressing seemed to be the antivirus thing. So I went to their site after trying some trouble shooting to chat with a rep. The problem got fixed, but it too THREE HOURS!!!! Ridiculous! The person, who had logged in to my machine, must have been working on multiple jobs or something because he seemed to disappear while nothing was happening. I had to keep sending messages - Hello? Are you there? I'm falling asleep on my computer! I did get through a good hunk of my book, but I didn't get to bed until about 3 a.m.
Today, I spent the morning finding my actions and figuring out how to get ACDSee working again. But then I discovered the layout I was working on Sunday morning was gone! UGH! I have no idea what happened to it.

So you can see why I'm feeling grumpy today. And I just got some more good news. I thought my dentist appointment was for Thursday, but it's not, it's for tomorrow. And then I have a training meeting at work. Lots of fun all around!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah96 said...

uuugh..that would make me grumpy too. Glad you puter got fixed though without a huge loss of things.

March 25, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home