Monday, March 10, 2008

I still can't believe


... how awesome the Juanes concert was! It was really one of the best shows I've seen - even though my Spanish is not that good! LOL! I've been listening to him for such a long time, thanks to my sister, so I recognized most of his songs. He reminded me a little of Bono - he did a mine awareness thing, took Colombian flags from the audience, sang to a girl in the audience. He and his band really rocked out and he's not too hard to look at either. :) Some of my friends were just crazy - thought they'd throw themselves at the stage. We also found Betty and Fernando sitting down on the floor - not an easy thing from the 200s level in Madison Square Garden. And Juanes closed with a classic salsa song, Rebellion, which had the crowd going crazy.

I've spent the rest of the weekend mostly recovering from Thursday night. I had gone out with Betty for margaritas and then met up with some friends at karaoke. Mom was gone for a Moose thing so I had the house to myself. I caught up on some Netflix - Junebug - good movie and great performance by Amy Adams - and The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford - which I thought was long and boring, even though Casey Afleck was pretty good.

Yesterday, we went to visit my crazy nieces. I was so tired that I went to bed early - but then I woke up again around 1! I hate when that happens. I couldn't fall back asleep so I tried catching up on some of the shows on Tivo and got really into reading The Golden Compass. But I ended up reading so much that I slept in today and am getting nothing done!!!! I've gotta get ready and head out to the allergist before work. Sigh! I need to get a better routine down so that I wake up and go the gym. I have so much to get done that I am starting to feel panicky. I think I need an assistant/maid to help me out!

3 Comments:

Blogger Meredith said...

definitely NOT hard to look at. nice! i know what you mean about a better schedule. it's noon and i haven't done a single productive thing yet today. i'm blaming today on the kids, though! :)

March 10, 2008  
Blogger Audimc said...

Glad you had a great time at the Concert.. I must be in lala land because I've never even heard of him.

Did you catch Amy Adams on SNL?? So funny!!

Hope all is well!

March 12, 2008  
Blogger Angela Toucan said...

glad you enjoyed the concert

March 13, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home