Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I miss my computer!

I have hardly spent any time lately upstairs in the office. I'm on the laptop here in the living room. So that means I'm probably behind on a lot of things since my to-do list is on that machine.

I've been pretty busy lately - between work, family things, defending my trivia title at the Rover. They've gotten me hooked on Buzz Time trivia again - I hadn't played since February! And now everyone's out to beat me, so I have to keep playing.

On Sunday, we spent Mother's Day at my brother's house. It was a nice day, but we were a little chilly in the yard. The girls ran around like crazy as usual. They also have a swing set now - I'm so jealous! There was another little incident that happened that I'm going to save for another post.

Poor Taylor was sick this weekend. She had a bad stomach virus and fever so she was in the hospital most of the weekend. Vesna told me that when they took out the IV, Taylor told them "Be careful, I'm delicate." That kid is so funny. Since she was sick, she stayed home with me yesterday. She goes through so many different toys, but at least she's gotten good about putting one thing away before taking out something new. She also says she doesn't like Dora anymore! That was pretty shocking! I had been also hoping to watch the Wonder Pets, because it was the Beetles episode! But she wanted to watch movies. So we watched Mulan, Mickey's Prince and the Pauper and 101 Dalmations. After that, I talked her into a nap, so we both got some sleep, which I really needed since I had to work later.

I was up early again today. I went with Randi on a field trip to the Met with some of her freshman students. I had a pretty good groups - some of them were straggling to take photos, but I can't be mad at kids for that! We had a guided tour, which I've never done there before, so I learned some interesting things about some of the art pieces. I think the group got bored after awhile though.

Here are some of the things we saw that were new to me...

Statue of Eros sleeping, Hellenistic or Augustan, 3rd century

Goya's Don Manuel Osorio Manrique de Zuñiga

Pieter Bruegel the Elder's The Harvesters

Well, it's going to be another looooooong night at work. I'm hoping I can sleep in tomorrow and then get back to some of my regularly scheduled scrapping!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home