Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Michael Phelps makes it hard to focus

I just finished writing this week's Spotlight on the Studio Matters blog. I still need to pinch myself sometimes to think I'm part of the Crew! I think it's almost my scrapping anniversary. I joined SBB in October 2004, but I think I started lurking there in August, soon after Betty's wedding since I wanted to start scrapping the photos.

I've been feeling pretty overwhelmed lately - not really with scrapping stuff since that's what calms me down - but with work and family stuff. I find it really hard to focus and get things done. Today, I made a list for myself. I kept the TV off. Stayed signed off email so that I could work. It helped a little.

I've been loving the Olympics! How awesome is Michael Phelps! I heart him. He's amazing to watch! I felt pretty bad for the women gymnasts last night, too. I think the reason I love the Olympics so much is that it's filled with useless information! Sports you only watch every four years. Those sappy profiles of athletes. All those stats, facts and hard to pronounce last names!
Did you know Togo won it's first medal! A Bronze in single kayak slalom. I just had to google Togo to see where it is. See what I mean!

I also started reading Twilight! I'm about three-fourths of the way through it. I'm only letting myself read a little each day because I get so obsessed and I want to enjoy it! I really love the story so far and I can see why people are crazy about it!

I need to go make some lunch and maybe get off the computer for awhile. And I leave you with some of my latest scrapping...

Rocky down on the waterfront. He's so handsome! Lots of goodies by Jenn Trippetti and Holly McCaig, Jess Bolton and a Tracy Blankenship template! Credits

This is my new favorite photograph that I've taken! I took some shots of the skyline last weekend from the new little park in town. It's like a whole different planet down there these days. Doesn't feel like West New York at all. It's quiet, serene and so pretty. A nice change from the chaos, crowds and noise up here on the cliff. So I did this page for a circle journal I'm doing with some of my bestest digi friends. And I'm so happy with how it turned out. It was one of those pages that took awhile to come together! And I also got to play with stuffs from the designer at SBG, Phuong Ton. Credits

Soon after I finished this page - with a little snarky journaling about how I didn't like my sister and the funny overalls I was wearing - Randi and I were going through a stash of photos she took home from our scanning day at Grandma's and we put together two collage's for her apartment. I'll have to take some photos since I think they look cool. I thought Traci Reed's new kit had a sort of retro feel so it inspired me to look back into my old pictures. Credits

A super cool exhibit on top of the Met! I did this one for a Baersgarten play day. Credits
And here's T at the zoo being a grumpy old lady! Credits

2 Comments:

Blogger clc said...

I love your photo and layout of the New York skyline! I'm going to have to make another trip up there someday.

August 13, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, Mr Phelps was making it hard for me too, I think I developed a little bit of a crush ;)

Love all your layouts Robin!

August 19, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home