Sunday, September 21, 2008

Going Hybrid

I spent all day Saturday at a crop with my pals Melissa and Patti. And I didn't just bring the laptop! I brought along some of the crafty supplies I've been hoarding and got to work on my hybrid album!

One of the most complicated things for me was getting these pages printed. I don't like my printer at all. So I tried having Staples print the pages for me, but they screwed up my order, lost some of the files, printed some pages at the wrong size (as you'll see in some of the back pages) and screwed up the colors. So I finally gave up and just printed on my own.

But once I got all the pages together, I had fun putting this all together.




I didn't know what to do with these backgroungs so I bought some vellum quotes and cut them up to decorate along with some rubons. I think they look a little lame, but it worked.






Patti gave me the little dog element!





So, what do you think? Mom liked it, so that's good, considering it was more than a month late!
Here are my credits:
Forever and Always kits and butterfly templates by Dani Mogstad, Lauren Grier and Shawna Clingerman; Maya Road chipboard album; little flowers by Prima; 3 kinds of glue; Versa chalk ink; vellum quotes by Die Cuts With a View; rub ons and brads by Making Memories. And I also got to play with my awesome new Basic Grey files and Fiskar blade. Sweet.

13 Comments:

Blogger SusieScrapper said...

That is just beautiful, great job on that and I love the butterfly book!!

September 21, 2008  
Blogger Amy said...

that is so cute robin! reminds me i have 2 chipboard albums to photograph and post!

September 21, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is so awesome!! I love the butterfly shape!! AWESOME!!!

September 21, 2008  
Blogger Patti said...

It came out awesome!!! Had a great time, can't wait to do it again!

September 22, 2008  
Blogger webchyck said...

Fabulous! I bet she'll love it!

September 22, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fabulous! Lovely album, I love the butterfly shape and you finished it all off beautifully! CathyRose

September 22, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks FABULOUS, Robin!!

September 22, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Robin! That's gorgeous! So glad she liked it, and that you had fun doing it other than the printing hassles. :)

September 23, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is lovely. I am so impressed. Ramona

September 23, 2008  
Blogger Gina said...

Oh, I need one of those chipboard albums for my MIL! She loves BFlies. :)

I emailed you w/new blog info - did you get it? Just want to make sure!!!

September 24, 2008  
Blogger Melinda said...

It turned out pretty, Robin!

September 24, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!!! You did great Robin!!

September 25, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

Howdy!! I gave you a blog award... go check out my blog for the details. ;)
http://amandaanndunn.blogspot.com/2008/09/behind-on-some-stuff.html

September 27, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home