Saturday, September 27, 2008

Greetings from my office

Somewhere under this pile that I've been letting get too tall again is my desk. I'm typing from up here today because my laptop hasn't worked since Tuesday. It has been a strange week for me.

I had just finished writing the Studio Spotlight on Tuesday, because I was confused and thought it was Wednesday, and all of a sudden the screen goes all funky on me. And after that I couldn't get it restart. So my laptop is now in the hands of the Geek Squad for up to three weeks. I heard the words mother board or graphics card and couldn't listen. What has me really annoyed is that I backed up everything right before the crop Saturday. But not the stuff I've done since then. D'oh!!!

So my pages could be gone. And while I could easily re-do them, I'm kind of sad. I put a lot into those pages. It's not like when my mac crashes at work and I lose my stuff. I can put those pages back together in seconds. Best Buy has all the data backed up so I'm considering paying for the files. I'm not sure if they are lost, but I'm not sure if I want to risk it.

I went back to work this week, and I think that being back in that dirty building and the stress of the laptop crash triggered a sinus infection that I've been fighting all week. I was off Wednesday anyway for the Weezer concert (I'll have to review that later) but I spent most of the day sleeping. Slept almost all day Thursday, too, and called out sick.

One good thing about not having my laptop is that I'm kinda motivated to clean today. I'm trying to sort some stuff for the big yard sale in my brother's town next weekend. I'm such a packrat. It's hard to get rid of stuff. But I'm trying to clean and organize as I go.

Maybe I'll find my creative mojo under all of this mess, too, but I have a feeling I left it at Best Buy with my laptop.

1 Comments:

Blogger clc said...

Hope you're over the sinus infection by now! I woke up with a sinus infection two days before we left for our cruise. Fortunately, antibiotics and a steroid shot made me feel much better. Going back to work today made me so sad ... but I guess being on vacation all the time MIGHT get boring.

September 29, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home