Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Cheesecake, movies and cropping

I am waiting for my cheesecake to cool, so I thought I'd catch up on what I've been up to lately. The cheesecake is for my co-workers tomorrow. We're having potluck tomorrow at work for Thanksgiving. I've also been trying to clean up a little since we're having about 15 people over tomorrow for dinner. We have dinner here early... so that means I get turkey twice!

Last week, I practically moved into the movie theater. I saw Rachel Getting Married, Twilight and Bolt over four days. Anne Hathaway should get an Oscar for Rachel Getting Married. It's a really great movie about a messed up family.

I went into Twilight with pretty low expectations, so it was better than I thought it would be. They did a good job condensing the story, but I thought there was a cheesiness to it. People were laughing in the theater over Edward's glittery skin. Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson took themselves way too seriously. I hope they loosen up for New Moon, but I can only imagine how depressing Bella will be in that film. There was too much of the high school kids and not enough of the Cullens. And cutting back on some of the staring would have made it a little shorter. My favorite characters in the movie were Charlie, Billy and Jacob. They seemed to be the only ones having fun.

Bolt, on the other hand, was so much cute. We took Taylor and Kylie, and it was the first time Randi and I took Kylie to the movies. Kylie cracked me up giving me hugs and kisses during the movie and she was in shock that the girl in the movie was named Penny. She'd gasp when they said her name and say "That's not Penny!" Randi and I are suckers for dog stories and a few parts had a little teary.

After the movie Sunday, I was supposed to take Penny to obedience school, but our class got canceled. So instead, Randi and I took Rocky for a walk around the lake in the park across from her apartment and we baked cupcakes. Then I spent the rest of the afternoon waiting for the True Blood finale! I'm going to miss that show, but luckily I've got four more Sookie Stackhouse books to read.

On Saturday, I went to an all-day crop with Melissa G and got so much done! I finished 2 CD calendars. (Now I just need to get printing!) And I got some pages done too. I was going through my gallery and even though I've done about 200 pages this year, I need to get a few more things done for this year's Shutterfly books. That total includes the calendars, last year's Christmas album, heritage pages and lots of pages about myself and pages about Penny that I don't exactly want to give to my family members.

Here are some from the crop...
Here's T when we were putting together our scrapbook! Flergs' Fairy Tale kit was perfect for this! Credits
Some scenes from New York City at Christmastime using Little Dragon's Ice kit. Credits

Since I did a 4x6 Christmas album for myself, I didn't scrap much of last Christmas for the family. I'm even on there! Credits
And this one was for a Studio Start on what we're thankful for. I am thankful for the Funky Junky collabs. This kit reminded me of my house, which is green like this one. Credits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home