Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Impressions of Heritage

Here's a preview of the latest SBG collab - Impressions of Heritage. It's on sale for $9.99 this month and it's got so much good stuff in it! I mentioned in my last post that I am super excited about this month's kit because I wrote a description that inspired the colors and theme. Last year, I scanned a lot of my old family photos and as I scrap them, I don't like to use traditional heritage kits that seem so frilly and beige! I like color and funky elements and this has lot of that!
Here was my description:

It’s not just the box of old photos of nameless people you found in your grandmother’s closet, old doilies and dusty trinkets.

Heritage is the story of the memories, traditions, events, cultures, holidays, beliefs and people who make you who you are. We all have our own.

When I think of my heritage, here are some things that come to mind: grandpa’s stories about the Army; grandma’s cheesecake; the cameo great-grandma always wore; Dad’s stories of growing up in another country; listening to my Mom’s 45 records; my sister cooking recipes she learned from our grandmother;visiting my aunt’s farm at Easter time; clips of stories I wrote for my college newspaper; and starting new traditions with my nieces.

So while heritage does include the many people who have come before me in those old yellow photos, it’s also about the people I’m scrapping about today and the memories we are making together now.

You can see more LOs with this beautiful kit on the Studio Matters blog! And speaking of the SBG blog, be sure to check out my Spotlight post on Wednesday for lots of enabling. I can't wait to play with some of the kits featured this week!

2 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

I had to make a kit for myself too when I started my project! I agree with what you say about the need for better heritage kits like this one!

March 04, 2009  
Blogger clc said...

Beautiful kit, Robin!

March 05, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home