Saturday, April 18, 2009

Easter madness

I've been busy cleaning my yard this morning. What a mess. I guess I didn't think about how fun that would be with a dog. Blech! I also got my scrapping stuff (well the stuff that's downstairs at least) all organized in my new crop bag. Next, I've gotta give Penny a bath, and since I'm procrastinating I thought I'd blog about Easter.

We all squeezed into my brother's van for the ride down to my aunt's house. Kylie is getting to be so funny. She kept turning around and joking with us. She threatened knuckle sandwiches (or peanut butter and jelly sandwiches) and she kept telling Mikey she was going to kiss him.
We got to Aunt Eileen's early, so we sat around the table while Kylie made up games for us to play - like giving out pretend video games.

As the crowd trickled in it was time for lots of good food (my spinach pie and cheesy cresent roll appetizer got gobbled up quickly), the big egg hunt, the egg count (which was very messy since some of the eggs were not cooked fully and broke), the jelly bean guessing contest, obstacle course, visiting the horses, and all the usual stuff we do for fun. It was a little cold out, but still a beautiful day!

This year we had a new funtivity ... a hat contest and parade. There were some pretty cool hats. The parade consisted of us walking around in a circle trying to keep the wind from blowing our hats off. The people who didn't make hats made up prizes for us. I won most fun. Other prizes were funniest, most Easter, most springlike, most whimsical, ugliest, most desperate, prettiest, cutest, etc.

Here are some photos!

This is my hat... I'm sure you can tell by the scrapbook-y ribbons and flowers!
Mom did this one last minute for Randi. She got the ugliest hat. LOL!
Me wearing my pink cowgirl hat.

Tia, Erin and Eileen were very festive!

Grandma was very Easter-y!
Mike is an egg head.
Kylie didn't want to wear hers. And I just realized I don't have a picture of Taylor.
That is a toilet bowl!
Here are some of my other favorite photos....

The boys...
Before the hunt
The girls looking for eggs before the hunt. Me & Randi

Rocky loving the woods.
Rocky relaxing. (In case you are wondering, Penny didn't come with us. She went to visit my mom's friend Teri for the day.)
Melissa trying to get through the net.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Tania said...

Can I be your sister for real at Easter? It always looks like so much fun!!

April 18, 2009  
Blogger Melinda said...

Looks like you all had a blast as usual! love all of the easter hats!

April 20, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home