Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Happy birthday to me!


Oh yeah! It's my birthday week! I am off from work and I have a great few days so far! I usually get bummed out around my b'day, but this year I feel really happy. I have done lots of fun things and spent time with some of my favorite people. :) I am blown away by all the messages, calls, texts, Facebook/Twitter posts I've gotten over the last few days. I feel loved!

Here's what I've been up to...

Saturday...
Went shopping with mom. Got some new summer clothes, pair of shoes, some stuff at Michaels.
Did some scrapping.
Then I went out to the Rover to celebrate. So many of my pals came by and they bought me lots of drinks. My friend Lisa brought a cake and the whole bar sang to me. My friend Harry helped me load up the jukebox so our songs played from about 10:30 to closing. It was a good investment! Then some of us hung out at Lisa's house after and had lots of fun.

Sunday...
Slept late.
Had a visit from Betty, Fernando and Lucia.
Went to dinner with my dad at Las Palmas.
Hung out with Penny.
Went to open mic night at the Rover for more celebrating. They have some really good performers and my friend Josh does some great stand up.

Monday...
Got tickets to Bruce Springsteen for the last show at Giants Stadium.
Went back to sleep.
Hung out with Penny and checked all the messages I got from friends.
Went to NYC with my friend from work Melissa. We had an awesome dinner at Empanada Mamas. They have empanadas with all kinds of fillings, some awesome plantain chips with guacamole and sangria.
Then we headed over to Terminal 5 to see Gomez! The show was so awesome. They are so much better live!
Headed back to the Rover to pay my tab and got to see some friends I missed over the weekend.

Tuesday...
Slept in even later.
Did some laundry and hung out with Penny.
Watched Tori and Dean.
Took a nap. Missed a big storm.
Went to dinner with Mom and Randi at Tapas. Some really good Spanish food.

And I have 5 more days off. I could do nothing those days. I have already had so much fun this week!

Here are some photos from the concert. I got the set list off the internet.


2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah96 said...

happy birthday girlie!!

June 03, 2009  
Blogger clc said...

Hope your birthday was filled with laughter and love, Robin!

June 03, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home