Monday, August 10, 2009

BOTCT Week 4 - the last round!

Well, we made it to the end! For this week's challenge, my teammates and I had to scraplift two of our fellow teammates. I borrowed from Tania and Kimberly for this page...


My credits are here. And you can show some love and vote for Jessie's Girl design team here.

*****************************
I could have sworn that I started a blog post about last weekend's wedding, but oh well. The church ceremony was very nice and Lauren was a glowing and smiling bride, even though it was pouring out! It stopped raining by the time of the reception. I had gone home to change and then picked up my friends.

The cocktail hour was sick! There was an open bar and every type of food you can imagine - carving stations, all kinds of cheese, pasta, seafood, a grill outside with hot dogs and burgers.
The bridal party came in to Eye of a Tiger and Alex and Lauren followed along to the Rocky theme. The band played a mix of current songs and some songs in Italian. We were all too full from the cocktail hour to even eat much of our dinner. I didn't even look at the desserts - there was a whole menu of those too! The gang from the Rover had our own table near the balcony, where most of us ended up hanging out. Then after the party, we headed back to the bar where the open mic guys rocked out. There was a little drama here and there, but it was fun. I haven't edited my photos yet, but here's one of all us.

I took Monday off to recover and rest my poor aching feet! I also went to see a great movie 500 Days of Summer and hung out with my friend Heather for her birthday.

Well, after all that fun, this week took a different turn when I had some bad allergies on Wednesday and Thursday. That turned into a nasty sinus cold by Friday, and then I woke up Saturday with a hacking cough and an earache. I've been home for the last three days and am starting to get so bored! I did go to the doctor yesterday morning and got some antibiotics (glad they are open Sunday, even if I did have to wait 2 hours). So I've been hanging around reading, napping, watching TV and Netflix, napping, eating some chicken soup that mom made and waiting to get better. I did finally finish reading the Fiery Cross - probably my least favorite of the Outlander books. (Too long, too boring!)

Here are some page I knocked out last weekend while I was feeling better ...


My friend Nory's cute pups. Did this one for a Bluebell play day. Credits
Kylie has inherited this Spider-Man mug from my Grandma's house. It used to be my brother's. Credits

Well, I'm going to spend the rest of the evening relaxing. I'm getting tired of all this resting! What can I say, I get bored easily. There's Weeds and Nurse Jackie to watch tonight. And I'm attempting to do some scrapping. Hopefully, I'll be feeling better tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Super cute layouts, of course!! So glad the reception was so awesome!!

August 10, 2009  
Blogger clc said...

Hope you're feeling better soon, Robin!

August 11, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still love that BOTCT layout, Robin! :) The reception sounds like it was a blast! Hope you're feeling better!

August 15, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home