Monday, September 07, 2009

Michelle and Phil's wedding

Yesterday I went to one of the coolest weddings I've ever seen. One of my sister's best friends from high school was getting married and Randi's date fell trhough, so she asked me to come with her since I already had a dress from last month's wedding.

Michelle and Phil got married in a really old and pretty church in Manhattan. It was really lovely and it even had comfy cushioned seats.

Here they are lighting the candles.

... and outside the church.

After the ceremony, the bride and groom rented two double-decker tour buses for all the guests! I've never been on one of those so it was pretty cool and I saw a bunch of stuff I hadn't seen in the city. I feel like a super tourist after this trip and the Circle Line last week. I was a little nervous up on the top because the ride was a little bumpy and the signs, lights and branches can seem a little close. Randi kept making fun of me for ducking when they were nowhere near me!


The crowds on the street were pretty cool too since they all cheered for the bridal party on the bus ahead of us. When we got to the Hershey store near Times Square, Phil and Michelle had a marquee message thanking all their guests for coming. That was pretty cool!

The buses brought us back to the reception, which was in a loft space across from the church. There was a terrace upstairs with beautiful views and the weather was beautiful. I didn't really know a lot of people - but that was ok. We had lots of fun mingling and dancing. And they didn't have a cake - they had cupcakes! It doesn't get much better than that!






2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Looks like fun!! The bride kinda looks like Fergie. ;)

September 07, 2009  
Blogger webchyck said...

Love the bride and groom toppers! LOL Glad you had fun!

September 07, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home