Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Walk for the Cure

Every year, my family takes part in the Susan G. Komen Foundation's Walk for the Cure. My aunt and grandmother are both breast cancer survivors so this is an important cause for us. This year, it is even more important for us though, because another one of my aunt's has been diagnosed with breast cancer. After an initial surgery to remove a mass, the doctors found more of the cancer and she will likely have a mastectomy in the coming months.

I really hope you will help support our team this year. You can make a contribution by visiting my page here. And I hope you help by keeping my aunt in your thoughts and prayers.

********************************
Speaking of good causes, I just finished up my poster from Operation Terri Kinney. I don't really know Terri, but my friend who organized the fundraiser asked me to take lots of pictures and to make this for Terri. It really warmed my heart to see all these people - friends and strangers - show up to support Terri. And we had so much fun with great food and entertainment.

Special thanks to Melinda who scanned the dog tag for me! Credits

********************************
With all the craziness that has been these past few weeks, I haven't had much time for scrapping. I squeezed in a little time while I was waiting to pick up Becky a few weeks ago using Michelle Godin's new collab No Place Like Home. This is Randi as a little girl - probably Kylie's age - hamming it up. I used to think she was pretty annoying back then, but she was pretty cute. Credits

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt, Robin. I will be thinking of your family. All terrific layouts... you did a great job of capturing the spirit of the occasion in each of them!

September 12, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home