Monday, December 07, 2009

I have been blogging a lot lately as a way to overcome my Christmas blues. I hope that writing will just get it out of my system. It seems to just get worse every year.

I was just thinking about how this would have been a good weekend to get the house decorated since we didn't do much. But it didn't even really occur to me until now. I can't go down in the basement without getting an asthma attack and mom can't get down there with her arthritis lately. I don't know if I even care if we put the tree up. I do love it once it's all done, but the process of getting it up is such a pain every year.

I went to AC Moore and picked up some stuff to make Christmas crafts. I want to make some frames and ornaments as gifts. I need to add those to the list along with cookies, the scrapbooks and calendars. I have some time off next week so I'll be scrambling to get stuff done. I also have a little high school reunion, Kylie's party, Mikey's birthday dinner and our annual trip to see the tree in the city crammed in that long weekend.

I am waiting for the cable repair guy to get here. I kind of want to go back to bed, but maybe I should start working on something.

1 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

I agree, all of the decorations can be a big pain in the you know where. But, it wouldn't be the same without them and they really do help set the mood. It sounds like you need to invite your brother over to help dig them out of the basement for you ;)
Our schedule is getting a bit crazy over the next week and half too. This current snowstorm isn't helping any either, especially since the city isn't plowing many streets. It's just dangerous to be out and about!

December 08, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home