Saturday, January 02, 2010

Hello 2010!

Happy New Year! I am glad 2009 is over. While it had some good moments, there were a few too many downs for my taste. But it's a new year so why dwell on the bad stuff. I need to think about what was good.

My word for the 2009 was "go" and earlier today I was thinking about how I didn't do much about it, but maybe I did...
- I took a chance and went to a party where I ended up reconnecting with friends who I hung out with all year.
- I went to St. Louis where I got to see some of my best friends, including David who I haven't seen in ages.
- Went to a few concerts.
- Took part in a digiscrapping competition with some friends.
- Got an iphone!
- Went to a bunch of crops.
- I finally got the courage to get up and sing karaoke.
- I got my designs included in the newspapers redesign.
(I'll have to add more as I think of them!)

I also saw lots of movies, read a lot of Diana Gabaldon books, spent a few weeks in dog training class, had lots of fun with friends and family, had two extra weeks off from work (even though they were unpaid), met my goal of scrapping family events and including more photos, and worked on my hybrid crafting skills.

And, I finished Project 365! You can see my entire project here. And I thought I'd share some of my favorites.










Most of my favorites were details - things that are part of my everyday story. It was a challenge to find something to shoot everyday. I skipped two days altogether. If I missed a day, I allowed myself to make it up within the next two days. Some days there just wasn't time or inspiration and there were other days where I had so many photos to choose from. I think I also got more comfortable using my camera. I didn't do a lot of editing to my shots - maybe a little sharpening or noise reduction because sometimes days are messy! LOL!

And now I'm ready to start on my next project, but I'll share more about that later! Hope you all have a wonderful 2010!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Love the tangled lights sculpture photo!! Like you, I took a chance and went to a gathering last January where I, too, ended up reconnecting with friends who I hung out with all year. I'm so proud of you for singing karaoke!! I'd love to do that...if I had enough margaritas, that is. They don't make tequila strong enough to make me *dance* - but I'm sure I could be convinced to sing. (my singing is much better than my dancing, LOL) Can't wait to hear what your project will be in 2010.

January 02, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on P363! :D I love all these shots! Very inspiring! :D

January 03, 2010  
Blogger Melinda said...

I love your 'list' of favorite shots- don't know how I would narrow it down to do a post of my own like that LOL!

January 03, 2010  
Blogger Sarah96 said...

these are some awesome photos!! I love it. I'm trying to do a 365 project SORT OF..it's more though to have a photo every day of life here at home to send to my husband while he's gone. We'll try to put a page together each month to send him.

January 06, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home