Friday, September 03, 2010

My Easter album

I know it's a little late for Easter, but I finally finished my hybrid Easter album and then finally took some photos of it!

I started this project mostly because I found a super cute pack of papers from Sassafras! That gave me an excuse to finally try some hybrid scrapping. I always take a lot of photos at Easter - which is a big fun family holiday for us. So I thought an Easter book would be a good fit for the fun designs.

I started out by scrapping my pages on the computer using templates - mostly by Janet Phillips. I added journaling, a few embellies and solid or slightly patterned papers - stuff by Holly McCaig, Ellie Lash, Gina Miller and Baers Garten. Then I deconstructed those pages and elements onto 8x10 pages so I could print them. Of course, my printer is EVIL so I only got a few pages done at first. But a few months later, I really focused on designing the rest of the pages and then I ordered the prints from Scrapbook Pictures.

Once I had the prints, I cut them up, reassembled the pieces on the paper backgrounds, added my real elements and alphas and had fun getting messy! I did most of the work at a crop sitting at a table of gals who used to look at me funny because I digiscrap and who now were sitting there with their laptops. So here are the pages. I'm sorry for the lousy photos and bits of my couches LOL! I really love how the book turned out!

Taylor and Danielle's birthdays are a day a part and often fall right around Easter.

The boys.


Rocky having fun.

Some funtivities

Our Easter bonnet parade

Playing on the swingset

Counting eggs

The hunt
Some of the scenery






1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How fun! It turned out really cute!

September 04, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home