Saturday, October 09, 2010

Happy birthday John!

Today would have been John Lennon's 70th birthday. Isn't that crazy? I can't picture him getting older - like Paul and Ringo. My iTunes is acting up today and I really want to listen to some Beatles. So I've been looking up songs on YouTube and going through some of my photos and thinking about my favorite band of all time. I thought I'd share some of my Beatles' stories and stuff.

A few years ago, I was in New York City on this day. I had gone to the Met with some friends from work. We were cutting across the park to go back to the westside and I didn't realize it was John's birthday until we reached Strawberry Field. There was a big gathering of fans singing John's songs and Beatles songs. It was a gorgeous day, just like today. If you ever happen to be in NYC on the day of John's birth or death, it's worth a visit. I just find it amazing to see people of all ages gathered together because of the love of the music and man behind it.

The little area of the park is right across from the Dakota building, where John lived.

On my birthday a few years ago, my friend took me to see Strawberry Field at BB King's. It was an awesome show. The band dressed up like the Beatles and did some costume changes to reflect the music.
Now, since my iTunes isn't working, I could just go upstairs and grab one of my CDs. These are all Beatles - some bootlegs, some solo stuff. Of course, I could also just grab my ipod or my phone for some songs, too, but I'm lazy!

This was a photo from my old apartment. I had a china closet and the bottom shelf was dedicated to my Beatles memorabilia. This is why I don't go on Ebay anymore!

Did you know my dog's full name is Penny Lane?

I have a lot of my mom's old 45s - she didn't have too many Beatles records, but she did have Nowhere Man and Revolution.

And I love these little guys. It's a Christmas ornament - but I keep them on my dresser.

So who's your favorite Beatle and what's your favorite song - from the band or solo years. My favorite Beatle is actually Paul, followed by George, but I still love the other guys a lot, too!
And I don't have a favorite song. My favorite always depends on my mood. When I'm sad, I love Across the Universe. When I'm happy, I like She Loves You or Good Day Sunshine. Lately, I've been humming Happiness is a Warm Gun a lot. My favorite changes all the time!

Here's one that's been on my mind today.


Oh, and if you're reading this today - go check out the logo on Google!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun roundup, Robin! I loved the Google thing. I don't really have a favorite song either... too many great ones to choose from!

October 10, 2010  
Anonymous Tania said...

I loved seeing all your memorabilia! I do have a favorite, George, and my favorite song is Guitar Gently Weeps. It just gets me everytime!

October 10, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home