Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Furlough week

Ugh. This must be what Wile E. Coyote felt like after plummeting from a cliff or getting blown up by an ACME bomb. In the last few days, I’ve been congested, had a bad bout of acid reflux and then got hit by a nasty stomach bug and fever. I got through work today in zombie mode. I haven’t had anything to eat in the last two days but saltine crackers, but I’m going to attempt to eat some dinner tonight.

My furlough week was pretty quiet. I ran a bunch of errands, went to the dentist, took Penny to the groomer. I saw The Dilemna, funny but a little drawn out, and finally finished The Girl Who Played With Fire, which I couldn’t put down after getting through the first few chapters.

And there was some fun stuff, too. I met up with my friend Judy on Wednesday night for karaoke (what else?) at the Bicycle Club. There were some serious singers there, including a trio who sang Journey in an R&B style. Thursday was the usual karaoke night. And Friday night, I saw my friends’ band the Bad Parts at Mexi Cali and had lots of fun dancing along to the music and the other bands in the line up.

I also got to spend some time with my favorite kiddos. On Thursday, I got to meet my friend Stephanie’s 4-month-old baby Madison, who is just so cute and has the chubbiest cheeks ever!

And on Friday I stopped by my brother’s to visit the nieces and nephew. Derek’s getting so huge! He’s crawling all over the place and he has the best laugh. Kylie wanted me to go upstairs to see a new poster of her favorite singer, Justin Bieber. Then I had to dance along with the girls. We also watched some basketball and played Star Wars. I think Taylor’s sick of all those things because she went back upstairs and hid from us!

I went to a crop on Saturday, but I felt pretty sick and went home early. But I did manage to scrap two pages!

This is what we call Penny's crazy ear. Credits: Rachel Young's With You from Lily Pad,Natali Braxton's Spring Alpha Beads, Lili's Us arrow from Lily Pad

Here's K with her Bieber poster... lousy photos, but I had to scrap them. Credits: Valorie Wibbens and Creations by Tina Marie's Stinkin Cute from Lily Pad, Shawna Clingerman's Dirt don't hurt alpha from Sweet Shoppe

Now I'm off to take some more Tylenol and veg for awhile.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute pages! Sounds like a busy week! Hope you're feeling better!!

February 20, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home