Saturday, July 30, 2011

Greetings from Berlin, London, California and more

It's been awhile since I've shared some of my postcards. Some are from friends, some I've picked up along the way. I'm sorry if they bore you, but there's nothing I love more than getting a new one in the mail!

My friend Becky's daughter Hannah spent the semester in Berlin and she remembered to bring a postcard back for me. Who knew they had pandas!

There's no place I want to go more than London and my friend Daphne has been living there.

My friend Amanda, who lives in Japan, came back to the U.S. after the earthquakes and she sent me this postcard from her hometown in California.

California is one of the place I really want to visit so I'm very jealous that my mom recently went to Anaheim for her Moose lodge convention.

Mom also got to go to Disneyland!

Last year, Mom's convention was in Nashville where she got me these Elvis and Johnny Cash postcards.

Here's one I picked up after driving upstate to Albany for the New York AP awards last year.
I found this Beatles cards mixed in with my recent stash. My dad got me this one. I have a ton of Beatles postcards, like that's a surprise!

And here's one my mom found while cleaning out a closet. I sent this to my brother when I was out in Houston working as an intern. My brother and I talked a lot about cartoons when we were in college!











2 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

I think seeing the postcards you get is neat :) Mark and I saw the pandas at the Berlin zoo when we visited there! I hadn't ever seen live pandas before then. Someday we will go somewhere interesting again so I can send you more postcards LOL

July 31, 2011  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So fun, Robin! I especially love seeing what you wrote to your brother. Such a great memory!

August 03, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home