Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Lately......

I'm slacking at blogging lately. I blame the new fall TV season. So many things to catch up on! Glee, The Office, Big Bang Theory, Parenthood, How I Met Your Mother, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Community, Parks & Rec, Vampire Diaries, The Good Wife, Grey's Anatomy. My DVR list is way longer!


One of my new favorites this season is Ringer on CW. I was never a big Buffy fan, but I do like Sarah Michelle Gellar, since back when she was Kendall on All My Children. She plays a character pretending to be her own twin sister. Lots of good twists so far to keep me watching. I've also checking out 2 Broke Girls, Up All Night, and Person of Interest, and I'm waiting for Grim and Once Upon A Time to get started.

*****

One of my other obsessions lately has been the book Ready Player One by Ernest Klein. If you like video games, the 80s, sci-fi or anything geeky, you will love this book! I have been listening to the audio version by Wil Wheton and I can't help but giggle whenever he reads something about Star Trek. I usually only listen to books in the car, but I stayed up listening to it last night because I couldn't wait for the ending anymore.

The book is based in the 2040s, the not so distant future, and the world is pretty much a mess after wars and an energy crisis. People spend most of their time in a video came/alt-reality/social network called the Oasis. The guy who created the Oasis, who was obsessed with sci-fi, the 80s and video games, died and left behind his fortune to whomever can find an Easter egg he hid in the game. The main character, Wade, and the other hunters are obsessed with this quest and try to find the clues to win the game before an evil corporation beats them to it. It's good nerdy fun - and I just started listening all over again.

*****

I've spend the last few weekends having some fun in Hoboken. I had a great day with my friend Amanda checking out some cool art, making fun of the crappy art, and stopping for Indian food for lunch. I bought a sort of screen print of the Statue of Liberty, which I haven't taken a photo of yet. I really loved all the local art - if I ever have a house I want to have a Jersey room. Here are some of my favorite Jersey scenes.


Bruuuuuuuuuuce! You know I need this!

This weekend, I took Penny to the Dog Parade. Lots of cute doggies in costumes and free stuff for Penny. It's hard to take photos when Penny's around other dogs because she can be nuts, but here are some of my faves...

She was an American girl...


These treats were not free but looked better than people food.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've been having lots of nice, relaxing fun! I can't afford to get into too many shows, since I have to fight for TV time. LOL There are a few that dh and I watch together (like Big Bang and HIMYM), but my own list is half a dozen chick shows and reality shows that he won't sit through, and I have trouble getting to those before they get deleted sometimes. Dh is a fan of Rocky Horror, so he did watch that episode of Glee, and maybe one other after that just so I could explain the characters and such, but it wasn't enough to draw him in.

The book sounds quirky and interesting, and the art fair and parade look like they were lots of fun!

October 04, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home