Friday, December 02, 2011

Scrapdish Closing sale

Once upon a time in the digital scrapping world, I was a designer. It seems like a lifetime ago! When I started digiscrapping, there were plenty of kits to buy and freebies to download, but that was back when people really did try to make everything themselves. About seven years ago, I got involved first at Scrapbook-Bytes and The Digi Chick, back when my friend Holly owned it, and eventually found RAKScraps, where I was making lots of digtal elements as part of the monthly collabs and for freebies. One of the other RAKScraps admins, Jeanine, had opened her own store and invited me to sell my kits there.


Remember these???? They were my best sellers! I still love them.

We had lots of fun behind the scenes at Scrapdish. So many of my good friends "worked" there, too - Coreen, Rachel, Krista, Melissa, Amy, Tania, Mish, Melinda and Kim. Krista just reminded me of how we worked together on the newsletter - I had forgotten all about that. After I retired, Coreen and Rachel took over the store and brought on lots of great designers.

So I was a little sad to hear this week that Scrapdish is closing its doors. The ladies are having a big sale so be sure to stop by and pick up some goodies!


And you really need to check out Kim Jensen's designs! Seriously, she is the best designer out there.  Lots of truly unique and creative element and even some great collabs, like her new kit with Kate Hadfield - Deck the Halls.



It really is so weird to think that it's been so long since I've designed kits. I don't even remember how I did most of it! I got out of the game when a lot of realistic elements and commercial use stuff came into play and made my computer-made stuff look pretty shabby.  But it was fun to create pieces and even make some money to support my digi habit, and even more fun to get the chance to create and design with my friends!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home