Thursday, October 11, 2012

Counting down to Comic Con!

I am so excited to be going to New York Comic Con in just a days! The con starts tomorrow, but I'm only going on Sunday. And I'm also super excited that my friend "Mommy" and her family will be going too! Did I mention that I'm excited! So in honor of Comic Con, here is what I'm nerding out over lately!



Nerdist Podcasts: I have been listening to these occasionally, and after listening to Gone Girl I just couldn't pick out a new audiobook. So I downloaded a bunch of podcasts and I am hooked. I am a sucker for Chris Hardwick & Co. I also love some of the stuff they've been showing on their YouTube channel, like All Star Celebrity Bowling and COPS: Skyrim.  Also, this video with Fraggles!


The Guild/Geek and Sundry: I just love Felicia Day! The Guild's new season just started. It's super short - you can watch a whole season in about an hour.  She's got some other fun stuff on her channel, like her weekly Vlog and Wil Wheaton's Table Top (if you like to watch other people watch board games).


World of Heroes: Yes, I am watching a lot of YouTube. Even with the new season of shows. They bore me and this stuff is way funnier and has fewer commercials! This one's Stan Lee's channel and has a some cool super hero stuff, like Bad Days, and the very enjoyable Cocktails with Stan.


Robot Chicken: I have been DVRing this show and I watch it every night before I go to bed. And I just laugh so hard. I love that it makes fun of all the stuff I grew up watching and playing with (Strawberry Shortcake and Bitch Puddin!). I can't remember the last time I even thought of G-Force before I saw a recent spoof. And the DC Comics special they did is insane.


The Simpsons Tapped Out: This game is just awesome. It's a little bit slow and buggy sometimes, but it's a lot of fun to play. I've got it on my iPhone but I think it's available for other phones and tablets. And it's free.  The game starts with Homer blowing up Springfield and you need to rebuild it. So you can build homes and businesses and give the characters jobs to do. And you earn money to build and buy more stuff. They have now introduced some Halloween-themed stuff that's added a whole other level of fun. 


The Mindy Project: I do still watch some shows on TV! The Mindy Project is the only new show I've added to the DVR roster and I love it so far. I think Mindy Kaling is just so smart and hilarious, and adorable, too.


Doctor Who: And of course, there is Doctor Who. The first half of the new season just ended with the Ponds' leaving the show. I'm kind of sad, but I'm looking forward to the arrival of the new companion, who was sort of introduced in the season premiere. There won't be a new episode until Christmas, but I have the first five on my DVR and I know there will be lots of Who stuff to nerd over at Comic Con. I might even wear my bow tie. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home