Monday, July 01, 2013

Fun with newspapers


I haven't shared any of my work design lately. That's partly because I haven't had anything I've wanted to show off. But in the last few weeks, we've been working really hard to step things up on The Journal News and I've done some fun stuff. 

I think this is one of my favorite pages I've done at the studio. The story is about bridge phobia - and I spent so many years crossing the Tappan Zee bridge that I can relate! So as soon as I heard about this story, I had this idea to make the bridge look really creepy - I inverted the image and grunged it up. I love how it turned out!
This was the Sunday cover this week. It was a last minute decision to make this story the Sunday centerpiece - and it's really just a promo to the sports section. I think it turned out kind of cool!


And here's one of my recent skyboxes. We usually promote the Tax Watch page every Friday and it can be kind of hard to illustrate. This week was about online shopping and I drew this one myself. That might not seem like a big deal, but for me it is considering I work with a lot of people who can draw! I think it's so cute! 


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home