Sunday, January 11, 2009

2009 so far: Aunt Plummy, movies, ice

On Thursday, we said goodbye to Aunt June, my grandmother's sister. She passed away this week, after developing an infection. She had a stroke awhile back and had been living at an assisted living place. She had been fiercely independent and known for her stubborn streak, so assisted living was not easy for her.

As a kid, I had a strange nickname for Aunt June: Plummy. I have always loved olives and I can remember as a kid, eating a bunch of them at Aunt June's and sticking them on my thumb, like Little Jack Horner. So from "pulled out a plum," I somehow coined the name, and she did NOT like it!

The service was very nice. They even had a bagpiper. But I was so sad when I saw her granddaughters - she had 5 children, 8 grandchildren - breaking down. Here's a photo from my family archive of Aunt June and Uncle Frank in Central Park, Easter 1946.

So what else have I been up to in 2009 so far. Taking my photos for 365. Scrapping. Penny and I had our 7th training class today. She was super hyper and jumping up and down, but even though she was nuts, the trainer said she did well.

I saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button yesterday. I thought it was going to be creepy, from the trailer, but I really liked it. It sort of reminded me of Forrest Gump. Last weekend, we saw Milk, which was also really good. Sean Penn was great. This time of year drives me nuts with all the good movies that come out!

I finished reading Marley & Me last night and bawled my eyes out, probably more so than at the movies. But it really was a funny and sweet book. What a great dog. Made me want to snuggle up a little more with my own doggie.

I did take Penny for an extra-long walk today around the lake in Hudson County Park. We must have been some sight: me, slipping on ice, and Penny, whining at the Canada geese. I did take some photos while we were there, but haven't uploaded it yet. We had some snow yesterday and lots of ice today.

And I've done some scrapping, too. Here are the pages I .

Penny's First Christmas - Credits: Page 1 and Page 2

I scrapped a 365 photo of Penny for this week's studio start. Credits
Penny playing with Kylie. Credits
The girls got these cools chairs for Christmas. Credits
I did this one last night about my vampire obsession. Credits
And here's an AAM page I did for an SBG assignment. The SBG designers made us a yearbook from the pages we all made! The page facing this one was a page Michelle Godin did for me with Penny on it! :) Credits.

Now I'm going to watch the Golden Globes. We're waiting for Betty & Co. to get here as well as our dinner order from Good Eats. Wonder which will get here first.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger clc said...

So sorry to hear about your aunt, Robin. Love your new layouts!

January 13, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home