Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Post-Sandy Scrap Therapy

I really don't know what I'd do without scrapping. Being able to create and express how I feel has really saved me from some dark times. And the friends I've met through this hobby mean the world to me. In the days after the storm, I was so down - one of my friends was worried that I quit all my teams and give up - but I knew I'd get back on track. 

It's not so much that things are bad here for me - but it's just that disturbance in the force that really messes with my head. I feel so sad and depressed sometimes. I've been worried about finding gas and about my co-workers who still didn't have power as of last week. I keep hearing stories about people I know who've lost so much. Two of my former teachers had four homes in Moonachie and down the shore - and they were all destroyed! It's insane to think about. 

But I made myself sit down and work on some Disney pages. I can't believe it's been a year since we went on our trip and that I'm still so behind on scrapping about it! I am such a procrastinator. But having a project and a deadline looming always helps me. And that got the mojo flowing again.

It also helped to document the storm and my feelings. I'll share those other pages later, but for now I wanted to show you some stuff I created about the storm.



These are photos I took during and after the storm between my house and on my way to my sister's. You can see it's not that bad - just a big mess.

Credits: Michelle Godin's Winter Canvas, Sketchy Scribbles, Snarky Snippets Winter, Teeny Tiny Alpha and Sloppy Stencil Alpha from the Lily Pad; Amy Wolff's Messy Marvin 3, Gumball Machine Papers from the Lily Pad; Kim Jensen's Perforated Alpha from the Lily Pad


And here's a more art journaly type page about all the stuff that's been bothering me. It took me a few days to get this all out but it really did help me to feel better.

Credits: Michelle Godin's Blustery Day from the Daily Digi; Sloppy Stencil Alpha, Keep Calm and Spatter On, Snarky Snippets Winter from the Lily Pad; Snips and Snails Designs Play a Game Alpha from One Story Down

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger CathyRose said...

I think it is really good therapy to scrap or journal your feeling this way. The storm and the aftermath has affected so many and it is going to take a long time to heal from that.

November 18, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home